Website to teach kids how to stand up to bully?

I saw a commercial on Hulu last week but didn't write the website down. It talked about how to teach kids to stand up to bullys and not allow them to be mean to other kids. I have googled a lot but just can't seem to find anything geared towards kids about how to step in and help other kids who are being bullied. Any ideas???

BTW my kiddo is 6 so if they have video or anything geared to that age that would be even better.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:12 AM on Oct. 16, 2013 in General Parenting

• Umm all they really have to do is open their mouths & say something. Also, knowing how to fight helps.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 11:17 AM on Oct. 16, 2013

• I don't think fighting is exactly a good solution to dealing with a bully. Not to mention that at least in our town if you get into an altercation at all- no matter who started it or what the reason then both kids are in trouble...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:22 AM on Oct. 16, 2013

• Learning to defend ourselves is very important but fighting should be the last option. teaching our children to speak up when someone is bothering them has to happen.

Children as well as adults, who do not stand up for themselves are easily bullied.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 11:28 AM on Oct. 16, 2013

• How about role playing?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:35 AM on Oct. 16, 2013

• I don't know the commercial you saw but maybe check out Izzy Kalman's website. He might be one who advertises (I heard him give a talk in a parenting series a few years ago, a podcast.)
    His program is called bullies2buddies
    girlwithC

Answer by girlwithC at 12:12 PM on Oct. 16, 2013

• Standing up to bullies can get you killed. What children need is adult supervision.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 2:57 PM on Oct. 16, 2013