This is a long article but wow, just wow.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/15/opinion/castellanos-extreme-party/index.html?hpt=hp_t4EDIT PLEASE BE KIND WITH MY MEDYCATION INDUCED grammar hammer mess ups

Dardenella

Asked by Dardenella at 3:38 PM on Oct. 16, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• When George Washington addressed the nation upon leaving office after his second term as President, he warned the nation not to engage in party politics. It has taken a little over two hundred years, but the predictions he made about what rival political parties would do to this country, and to the democratic process, have come true.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:13 AM on Oct. 18, 2013

• Hands down the best line is..... The Democratic Party's 2016 nomination process is going to look like the casting call for "One-Flew-Over-The Cuckoo's Nest."

DSamuels

Answer by DSamuels at 8:29 PM on Oct. 16, 2013

• so...what is this "change" the GOP is offering? ive noticed nothing but the same old BS from both parties. they both offer nothing beyond a very narrow, idiotic path that leads to destruction. on one side you've got no social progress (GOP) on the other you have no economic security (Dems). is this article supposed to make me like the GOP just cause the Dems are supposedly less good?

both parties are doomed to reap the crap they have sewn. if either party was smart they would run a moderate in 2016, but they wont. they will find another rich white male (or for the Dems a women/minority) who will be so far removed from the public that they will rule with only themselves in mind. THAT is America's problem, not one party's extreme views over the others.

the choice of psychopath vs sociopath is not good for this country...here's to a GOP split (Tea Party & RINOs) and to a moderate party of common sense!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:13 PM on Oct. 16, 2013

• I'm surprised to see it on CNN's site but I don't disagree at all.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 3:59 PM on Oct. 16, 2013

• I don't disagree but I was thoroughly surprised to see it on CNN as well.
    Dardenella

Comment by Dardenella (original poster) at 4:18 PM on Oct. 16, 2013

• I we are speaking of parties as a whole, I agree. CNN will throw the occasional bone to the moderate. That's all this is.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 4:38 PM on Oct. 16, 2013

• I agree

Answer by missanc at 5:11 PM on Oct. 16, 2013

• No ok the point of my original pot was my shock that CNN put this on their site. They are not known for this kind of a stance. That was all.

No reading the article, there are things I agree with. Some other articles that are liberally written I have sometimes found points to agree on.

The interesting part in all of this one side must come up with just the right formula for the other side to agree to. On the other side they took a position that theThe other side has reminded me of a meld of monkeys, all thawing poo at everyone That is our very sad countryy would not compromise, their way or no way and yet the blame is spun to land on the people trying,
    Dardenella

Comment by Dardenella (original poster) at 11:50 PM on Oct. 16, 2013

• sorry, i wasnt trying to imply anything about why you posted it, i just found the article to be hard to agree with. i find any article that tries to show one side in a better light than the other to be aggravating...chalk it up to govt shut down induced anger haha. it was weird to read a pro-GOP article on CNN tho, that much is true!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:12 AM on Oct. 17, 2013