Microfiber or Chenille Sofa

which would you choose? please your experience with both or one if you ever had that material on your sofa. The chenille always seem like it would bead up, imo. If you got any other material that's good or bad to let me know

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:43 PM on Oct. 16, 2013 in Home & Garden

• I hate chenille. The cut ends of the threads are super-irritating, and the whole fabric is too 'hot.'
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 3:47 PM on Oct. 16, 2013

• thanks Linda
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:10 PM on Oct. 16, 2013

• I love microfiber, it is soft and doesn't scratch up as easily as leather, but it does stain, so you have to be careful with it.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 4:10 PM on Oct. 16, 2013

• I don't know what a chenille couch feels like so I don't know

I don't care for my microfiber couch, I can never get the dang dog and cat hair out of it! I vacuum, then use a lint roller and still end up picking hairs off individually.
    I don't care for leather either. I would like to get a regular fabric couch.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 4:41 PM on Oct. 16, 2013

• They make couches out of chenille? I wouldn't think it would last that well.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:06 AM on Oct. 17, 2013

• I like microfiber, they are so soft and cuddly. I was very close to buying one, but even though my husky hardly ever got on the couch - I didn't want to deal with all of her hair on it. I would never get one made of out chenille. I have a regular fabric couch.
    Tawneekitn

Answer by Tawneekitn at 2:59 AM on Oct. 20, 2013

• I don't care for microsuede. The impression of where one sat is always visible and I was always wiping the impression away. I now have a combination of chenille and microsuede with a majority being chenille. Looks somewhat like a soft corduroy. My last couch was chenille. Had it for 8 years and it held up wonderfully. I wanted a different color scheme. My sister has had it now for a couple of years.
    decor42

Answer by decor42 at 7:13 PM on Nov. 20, 2013