What do you buy your kids for snacks through the week? How much do you spend on snacks?

I feel like we buy the same stuff all the time then I cute it close to the end of the week where I was m low on snacks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:49 PM on Oct. 16, 2013 in General Parenting

• Fruit, yogurt, fiber one bars, jello, pudding, crackers & cheese, and sometimes they have fudge pops.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 4:18 PM on Oct. 16, 2013

• Oh my gravy! Mrsmom why did you post that? I haven't seen them since I avoid that aisle. I bet they are delish!
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 6:30 PM on Oct. 16, 2013

• yogurt, fruit snacks, pretzels, fresh fruit/veggies, etc. i buy most of it in bulk because i have 3 kids. i also do buy chips and cookies and let them have that on occasion.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:01 PM on Oct. 16, 2013

• Fruit, chex mix (I make huge batches and keep it in air tight containers), yogurt, granola bars, cereal bars (nutrigrain), string cheese, goldfish, carrot sticks and ranch, peanut butter (for apples and celery sticks) - that's what I can think of that we buy regularly. I don't know how much we spend, I do it as part of my weekly shopping.

Answer by missanc at 5:05 PM on Oct. 16, 2013

• I have a weekly list of snacks that I buy. It totals about 30 dollars for one kid. However, she has friends over a lot and they eat it on it too.

Greek yogurt and frozen blueberries, 2lb bag of mandarin oranges, 3lb bag of apples,2 avocados, celery, pint of cherry tomatoes, 4 plums, 1 mango, bananas, 1lb of grapes, rainier cherries when in season, spinach for smoothies and frozen fruit smoothies by Jamba Juice.

We rarely buy cookies or chips. Usually we buy that for her bday party or a very special occasions.
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 6:22 PM on Oct. 16, 2013

• fruit, nutragrain bars, granola bars, yogurt, pudding, and for now until they stop selling them:

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:27 PM on Oct. 16, 2013

• yeah mine like to pick their oreos apart and each have a preference for the cream or cookie so they'll trade with eachother haha
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:04 PM on Oct. 16, 2013

• another good homemade snack is tortilla chips. just buy a package of tortillas, cut them up in triangles, drizzle with olive oil & sprinkle salt and put them in the oven til they're crispy. or you can do the same thing with melted butter and cinnamon sugar for a sweet chip.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:05 PM on Oct. 16, 2013

• fruit, yogurt, cheerios (he'll munch on a bowl of dry cheerios), nuts, pretzels, chips, and anything else quick and easy we find. We try to keep it relatively healthy, but he gets treats occasionally as well.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 4:09 PM on Oct. 16, 2013

• Grapes, apples, go-gurts or oikos, Annie's snack mix, granola bars, cherry tomatoes, Pirate's Booty, sometimes I'll sneak a cookie in there..
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 4:20 PM on Oct. 16, 2013