Talk about turning lemons into lemonade...

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/oddnews/jilted-bride-donates-thousands-spent-on-wedding-184622113.html?vp=1

This is such a generous thing to do.  I'm sure someone of her character will find the right Mr. Right someday. 

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 4:28 PM on Oct. 16, 2013 in Special Needs

• Good and nice thing to share today!!!!!!!!!
    I heart you!
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 4:41 PM on Oct. 16, 2013

• The link didn't work for me. Is that the bride that fed 200 homeless at her "reception"?
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 5:19 PM on Oct. 16, 2013

• Cool then. I remember seeing something recently about a jilted bride, in NY or NJ, who invited 200 homeless to her "reception", and that her family was going to start doing it every year.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 7:28 PM on Oct. 16, 2013

• Wow, I couldn't have been way off. This is the one I was thinking of: http://hellobeautiful.com/2013/09/24/called-off-wedding-feeds-200-homeless-in-atlanta/

Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 7:29 PM on Oct. 16, 2013

• I think both stories, and all the untold ones that happen are AMAZING.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 2:11 PM on Oct. 17, 2013

• Very heartwarming.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:01 AM on Oct. 18, 2013

• ^^^Well thanks- I try. There's so much stress & bad news out there, I purposely look for upbeat stories.
    mrsmom110

Comment by mrsmom110 (original poster) at 4:48 PM on Oct. 16, 2013

• "Out thousands of dollars and with contractual commitments with various wedding services, Michelle decided to turn the negative into a positive by donating what she had planned for her wedding. The beneficiaries of Michelle’s generosity were those at Creative Care for Reaching Independence (CCRI), a non-profit that empowers those with disabilities. Jody Hudson of CCRI said, "I was speechless…Actually the next day I called her to make sure it was for real." The organization plans to throw a Halloween party for their clients in the crystal ballroom all thanks to Michelle. "It kind of changes you. You know, I feel like I'm trying. This is helping me heal. Giving to some people that you know what is supposed to be my special day, now can turn into their special day," said Michelle.

^^^Nope, not the homeless, an organization for people with disabilities :)

mrsmom110

Comment by mrsmom110 (original poster) at 5:24 PM on Oct. 16, 2013

• ^^^Rose: That's a beautiful story too tho! I love that someone can turn their anger & heartache into something so wonderful & caring.
    mrsmom110

Comment by mrsmom110 (original poster) at 7:58 PM on Oct. 16, 2013