No period and trying to conceive 2nd child

I have quit nursing over 6 months ago and I have not had a period. No spotting. Nothing. I took a few old bc pills and forced a period but no period since the bc forced one. My son is going on 13 months and we want to conceive another but have been trying for 3 months and nothing is happening. I have scoured the internet and have not found anything helpful...I am wondering what if anything could be wrong.... Am I even ovulating? Has anyone out there gone this long without one while NOT BreastFeeding???? I have a doc appointment scheduled and am looking for info before. Thank you!!

k2donald

Asked by k2donald at 4:51 PM on Oct. 16, 2013 in Trying to Conceive

• I have never gone that long without a period until menopause came and went.

I would suggest not using old BC pills, because bc can affect you in ways that prevent pregnancy and not just for a month or two. It is good that you are going in for an exam. I am sure everything is fine and you will get pregnant when the timing is right.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 5:04 PM on Oct. 16, 2013

• Going to have to ask the doctor .

Answer by louise2 at 7:03 PM on Oct. 16, 2013

• Quite normal, actually. In the breastfeeding moms group we've had moms who went two years without a period. I've also known a woman who was period free for a decade with three babies in between.

Unfortunately weaning in itself will not restore fertility. That will come back only when your body is ready. Sounds like yours is not yet ready.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:05 AM on Oct. 17, 2013

• Good luck, and be patient.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:59 AM on Oct. 18, 2013