What to do when you are unhappily married I feel like I dont know were to turn dont have family I can turn to my Dad recently died

Sarahclar

Asked by Sarahclar at 5:29 PM on Oct. 16, 2013 in Relationships

• counseling

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:32 PM on Oct. 16, 2013

• Sorry for your loss. Was he the last of your family? Do you have any friends to turn to? How about women's shelters or support groups? Have you & your spouse tried counseling?
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:33 PM on Oct. 16, 2013

• no dont have any family to talk to thats why i feel sooo lost and a bit alone feel stuck and very unhappy
    Sarahclar

Comment by Sarahclar (original poster) at 5:35 PM on Oct. 16, 2013

• Grief can do that to a person. Try some free grief counseling first at a local Hospice.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:38 PM on Oct. 16, 2013

• thank you
    Sarahclar

Comment by Sarahclar (original poster) at 5:41 PM on Oct. 16, 2013

• Marriage is not rainbows, it takes work. Work on yourself, work on your spouse and work on your life. You can't depend on someone else to make you happy. Maybe it's not the marriage that is unhappy it's you. Look at what you need to do for you and then check back on the marriage. Even if you are not religious you can always talk to a priest they are trained in physiology and counselling and also grief and way cheaper that a psychiatrist!

pinkparcel

Answer by pinkparcel at 5:45 PM on Oct. 16, 2013

• If nothing changes, nothing changes.
    You need to decide if your marital issues are dealbreakers, or if they can be worked out.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 5:47 PM on Oct. 16, 2013

• I think you are quite right--it is me thats un happy but if its not my marriage thats making me unhappy then what..The reason I think its my husband making me unhappy is that he is very lazy will not go to work will not go to my sons sports day to support him even though i practicallt pleaded with him he never bothers with any decorating that needs done and i dont mean a bit of painting we live on a stone floor because he can not be bothered to do anything about it all so depressing
    Sarahclar

Comment by Sarahclar (original poster) at 5:51 PM on Oct. 16, 2013

• Why is he not working? Has he recently lost a job? Maybe he is depressed?
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 5:54 PM on Oct. 16, 2013

• well yes he has recently lost a small business he had that just took enough revenue to keep himself in luxuries but he has always been quite lazy and apparatly he is the only man on earth that can not find work--sorry this osunds quite bad and not going anywere nice--he isnt a bad person really--he has done bad things but i guess i have too i have made bad mistajes but he is so resntful of me sometimes and i hate that about him
    Sarahclar

Comment by Sarahclar (original poster) at 6:00 PM on Oct. 16, 2013