My 9 month old doesn't let me kiss him or hold him.

I'm worried about my baby. he refuses to let me kiss or hug him. He sits up. babbles, laughs, plays independently and yells at my 2 year old if he comes near him or myself. I was worried about autism... but he doesn't fit any of the characteristics. He's just so short tempered and throws temper tantrums if he doesn;t get his way. He is in no way spoiled like my first born and he never behaved like that. I couldn't leave his side. Most of all I feel like a bad mom and maybe he doesn't have a bond with me. Please, any advice or experience is welcome.

Mamas_cocina

Asked by Mamas_cocina at 2:00 PM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Awww maybe he's just being stubborn!! He probably just wants his space- my daughter gets like that someitmes-- shes only 4 months. But sometimes she just wants to do her own thing... hope it all works out!!
    tbear2008

Answer by tbear2008 at 2:05 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• My friend's son is the same way. The only time he will allow anyone to hold him is when he eats and that's because he is breastfed.
    Personally I think in his case it's because he was left to CIO at a very young age. He got so used to being left alone to self sooth, normal comfort and loving touch doesn't feel normal to him.

I"m not saying all CIO babies are like this but he is. Do you CIO?
    Anonymous

• WHATS CIO???
    tbear2008

Answer by tbear2008 at 6:44 PM on Feb. 19, 2009