Spent the day home with a sick kid...anyone else?

Little one(5) woke up without much of his voice and I heard him coughing...made the decision to keep him home as the school said bronchitis and colds have been going around. He was running a fever earlier(nothing drastic). He even took a long nap this afternoon(which is out of character for him). He is eating and drinking but still doesn't have much of a voice...isn't coughing to bad though. He is spending the day in bed pretty much.

Anyone else?

tntmom1027

Asked by tntmom1027 at 7:07 PM on Oct. 16, 2013 in General Parenting

• My daughter had a bad cough for 15 days. She coughed so hard she would vomit. Pertussis test came back negative but there are a lot of cases in my area. She had a round of antibiotics and felt better for a couple days now we all have another cold.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 7:17 PM on Oct. 16, 2013

• Not my kid but the kid I take care of. He has been out of school for 2 weeks now with pneumonia. Looks like he is finally clear of it and is going for a half day tomorrow to see how he does. Poor kid is dying to go back.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 7:36 PM on Oct. 16, 2013

• well puppy isnt feeling so good so sort of,
    hope you all's little ones feel better!
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 8:33 PM on Oct. 16, 2013

• we did that last week!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 9:36 PM on Oct. 16, 2013

• My 6yo was home Friday and Monday but is fine now.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 10:06 PM on Oct. 16, 2013

• He seems to be feeling better but still has a slight fever...so I guess I'll have to keep him home?
    tntmom1027

Comment by tntmom1027 (original poster) at 10:32 PM on Oct. 16, 2013

• My kiddo isn't sick, thank goodness, but there's no school tomorrow. The poor thing gets bored and restless when she's home all day by herself with me. Maybe we'll go to the park if it's warm out.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:25 AM on Oct. 18, 2013