I need someone to tell me I'm not crazy or being overly upset

I am 20 years old, 6 months pregnant and still living with my parents. My father yells at me everyday for not lifting heavy things he stresses me out and degrades me because I'm not doing all the things I was before like doing yard work and lifting extremely heavy things.... he threaten to hit me but told me he wouldn't hit me until my baby is born but even when my baby is born I don't want my son seeing my father hit me.... He yells at me everyday and I'm so stressed and I'm worried that my stress is harming my son ): someone tell me I'm not silly for being stressed out about this....

SmilesAndKisses

Asked by SmilesAndKisses at 8:16 PM on Oct. 16, 2013 in Pregnancy

• You've come to the wrong place for validation.
    Get a job and move out of your parents house.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 8:17 PM on Oct. 16, 2013

• You are not crazy and you should move out. NOW
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 8:17 PM on Oct. 16, 2013

• well, technically you can mow the grass and so EVERYTHING you were before you got pregnant unless your doctor says you should not.
    if you don't want to be yelled out, move! You made an adult choice to have sex and got pregnant, I can not say I didn't yell at my daughter a few times.

Hitting is not okay, and you need to get out.
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 8:23 PM on Oct. 16, 2013

• He should not hit you, you need to move out, yard work while pregnant wont hurt your baby.

Answer by missanc at 8:24 PM on Oct. 16, 2013

• What extremely heavy things could he possibly need lifted on a daily basis?

You are being silly if you think it is okay to live somewhere you get HIT AND YELLED AT.

Time to frown and yell and get your pregnant self in a homeless shelter.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 9:01 PM on Oct. 16, 2013

• Does your dad regularly hit you or did he in the past? Why is he so so mad? What is your part in this?

But I agree, you can see that your childhood home is not a good place anymore. Can you move out? Where is the father of the child?
    Regardless, there is a father/daughter dispute but hitting is not okay. Good luck to you and congrats on your baby!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 9:35 PM on Oct. 16, 2013

• Yeah, you need to move out. I wouldn't live anywhere someone was threatening to hit me. Get a job and find another place to live.

Unless you are a high risk pregnancy, yard work isn't going to hurt the baby.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 9:35 PM on Oct. 16, 2013

• I built a house with him and so that is what he still wants me to be doing and we have a lot of heavy things in our yard so don't think I'm just trying to get out of mowing grass because that would be silly. Never mind. none of you understand and I want to move out but my boyfriend is trying hard to find a job and is looking everyday but no one will take him even though he worked at very nice restaurants in new york so don't say he is not good enough or say something like I'm trash for getting pregnant okay? you guys don't help at all.
    SmilesAndKisses

Comment by SmilesAndKisses (original poster) at 9:45 PM on Oct. 16, 2013

• You're right, we don't understand because the only info we have is what you tell us. If you are vague with info, we have to guess at what you're talking about.

Answer by missanc at 10:05 PM on Oct. 16, 2013

• At what point did anyone here say you were trash?

You've got a boatload of issues don't you?
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 10:09 PM on Oct. 16, 2013