is this normal

my 8 month old wakes up about 3-4 times a night and wont go back to sleep unless i nurse him shouldnt he be sleeping through the night by now

navywifepam

Asked by navywifepam at 2:02 PM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• OOO no!! My daughter is 4 months and she'll wake up a few times for me to nurse her and then she falls asleep almost immediately- I co-sleep so its easier on the both of us! Maybe its just a phase??
    tbear2008

Answer by tbear2008 at 2:03 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• he might be going through a growth spurt or teething. Those things will disrupt a baby's sleep. He may just want the comfort of knowing your are right there when he goes back to sleep.
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 2:08 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I'm in the same boat as you. My first born would pretty much sleep through the night at 3 months. Now my second born, he's another story. He wakes up atleast 3 times a night. And has probably slept 2 nights the whole night without waking up. I don't know about you but I'm exhausted with 2 other children to take care of. The only thing I can suggest is that you feed him a harty cerial like Beech-nutt's night time cereal and give him atleat 4 oz of milk along with that. You might also want to think about starting him on a formula which also takes longer to digest then breast milk. I'm not suggesting you stop breats feeding but give him formula at nights. And that's if you can get him to drink out of a bottle.
    Mamas_cocina

Answer by Mamas_cocina at 2:08 PM on Feb. 19, 2009