Have you searched your name for missing money?

No matter how many times I search mine, there is none for me.

What about you?

www.missingmoney.com

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 1:49 AM on Oct. 17, 2013 in Technology

• Never have searched, but I feel quite sure I would have better luck digging for loose coins that mmight have fallen down between the cushions and the arms of my recliners.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:31 AM on Oct. 17, 2013

• Yes. I used any kind of search engine I could, searching for my Natural Mother.
    She was on the list for unclaimed assets. Before we even met I was able to get word to her through her kept children that she had a claim to the money. :D
    adopteeme

Answer by adopteeme at 5:11 AM on Oct. 17, 2013

• nope- but I'm sure there isn't any for me either
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 7:37 AM on Oct. 17, 2013

• Yes, and I helped two others get about $100 each by spreading the website name
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 7:53 AM on Oct. 17, 2013

• No but I do know the names of people who owe me some money. ;-)
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 8:55 AM on Oct. 17, 2013

• I search every 5 years or so. Have recovered several hundred dollars. The only complication is that they usually need some kind of documentation that proves that you lived at the address they have listed on your money. We have moved a few times and finding utility bills or other documentation was not easy. I tend to save our paperwork, but have been getting rid of things for a while.
    My suggestion to others is to keep at least one utility bill from each address (for each person listed on the account) for things like this.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:44 AM on Oct. 17, 2013

• HOly crap. DH has a claim in there for $482. I'm going to have to call the comptroller's office to find out what they need as far as documentation. They have the address of the relo company we went through when we moved here.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:01 AM on Oct. 17, 2013

• Thanks Staci! I have over $100 bucks and either my Dad or brother has a claim too! Woo hoo!
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 10:36 AM on Oct. 17, 2013

• GREAT NEWS! I called the state # and they processed the claim over the phone and will be sending out a check next week! I had to go dig in the attic for closing documents from a decade ago, but it paid off! Yay! Thanks for the reminder Staci!

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:01 AM on Oct. 17, 2013

• No. Some agencies use that as a ploy to find out your information and where you are at. That's how all your private information winds up on the web....
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:12 AM on Oct. 17, 2013