Does it bother you when your kids mismatch their clothes?

i feel horrible about it but it does bother me lol! i usually just try to bite my tongue and let them do whatever, it is their form of self expression. but today for example my 4 1/2 year old decided to put on a brown skirt and a black shirt... gaaaah! however, the skirt does not have shorts underneath and she has school today so i might be able to get her to change them afterall for that reason lol

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 8:58 AM on Oct. 17, 2013 in General Parenting

• Drove me crazy and still does even though they ain't my kids but I try not to say anything b/c one, that was me at one time and two, they are trying to find their own style.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 9:02 AM on Oct. 17, 2013

• I just let them be provided they're decent :)

I had to send one back to change last week because she was wearing leggings that she didn't know were transparent. The choice was hers - either wear a long shirt that covered her bum or put on a pair of jeans instead.
    goldpandora

Answer by goldpandora at 9:22 AM on Oct. 17, 2013

• My older son did this, and it was so annoying.

Answer by Bmat at 9:26 AM on Oct. 17, 2013

• It never bothered me as long as they were wearing something appropriate for the weather conditions/time of year.
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 9:31 AM on Oct. 17, 2013

• Depends on how bad it is. Plaid with a print, heck yeah. They won't leave the house before I make them change if that's the case. If they just don't match colors or picked a strange ensemble, I let them wear it. Sort of hoping that someone gets a picture and will remind them of their interesting choices when they get a little older and more particular.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:36 AM on Oct. 17, 2013

• It doesn't bother me unless it's picture day. I think it's funny.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 9:52 AM on Oct. 17, 2013

• Even with OCD as bad as I have it, I have learned to giggle at it. I sometimes even think she may be onto something with her outfit.
    To answer your question (deep down yes it bugs me some), but I let her go, not worth tears if I say something.
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 9:57 AM on Oct. 17, 2013

• With boys there's not too much to worry about matching. Your jeans are in that drawer, there's your shirts in that drawer, socks are over there get dressed please.
    The only time I didn't like it was when he wore a uniform and had to wear either a red, white or navy polo with navy or tan khaki's ad he would want to wear a navy shirt and navy pants, or the white shirt with the tan khaki's. Bothered me
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 10:04 AM on Oct. 17, 2013

• I gave them choices that matched if we were going to be in public ;)

at home though...whatever
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:08 AM on Oct. 17, 2013

• Doesn't bother me at all as long as it is weather-appropriate.

I never let her go out in pajamas tho.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 10:16 AM on Oct. 17, 2013