This is a FB question.

OK so I opened the account and added the friend. That went just fine. OK I sweated through it.
So we belong to a group. I added that and got the response back that I have been added.
No problem. Both appear in the friends list. Great.
Now I was trying to request membership (friends) into a subdivision of that group. Can't figure it out but my friend adds me from her location but it does not appear in my friends list.

What gives and how would I find it to check or to communicate since it is not in the list?

I am so lost.

Dardenella

Asked by Dardenella at 3:33 PM on Oct. 17, 2013 in Technology

• I admin a few groups on facebook, 4000+ in one, 1000+ in the other two, I give a lot of directions. The simplest solution is usually the best to suggest.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 6:57 PM on Oct. 17, 2013

• Groups don't appear on your friends list... should be on the left margin under "groups"
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 3:36 PM on Oct. 17, 2013

• Did you accept the invite? You have to accept then it should appear on your list, and they have to accept yours as well.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 3:35 PM on Oct. 17, 2013

• I am sorry I must be dense,
    Are you trying to locate friends via a group, or the group is missing from your page?
    It should say on the left side things you are involved in.
    Some groups don't publish member lists.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 3:49 PM on Oct. 17, 2013

• On the left side of your page, you should see
    friends
    groups
    apps
    pages
    if you are not seeing this , you mignt need to go to your account settings and see if you have something set to private.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 3:55 PM on Oct. 17, 2013

• Try typing in the group name on the search bar at the top of the facebook site and clicking it there.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 4:44 PM on Oct. 17, 2013

• I can't find anything on the left or rights that says groups.

I did not accept. My friend only sent a notice that I had been added. I have seen nothing else.
    Dardenella

Comment by Dardenella (original poster) at 3:42 PM on Oct. 17, 2013

• I want to be able to see that I am in the group so that I can go and revisit the group. I am not looking for individual members.

When I add "Mary" she appeared in my friends group on the left hand side of the screen.

"Mary" and I are in XYZ and that was also added and the picture and designation are also in my friends list.

Mary and I are also in XYZ 2 which is a separate part of the original group. That one is not on the friends list by name ore the picture box.
    Naturally I will want to go in so I can keep up on everything we are doing but I can not figure out how to get back to that page, without using the email "Mary" sent me telling me I had been added (she is an admin. of the group)
    Dardenella

Comment by Dardenella (original poster) at 3:57 PM on Oct. 17, 2013

• OK.
    Dardenella

Comment by Dardenella (original poster) at 3:58 PM on Oct. 17, 2013

• Staci you are a genius. It worked.
    Now to see if this is really worth it.
    Dardenella

Comment by Dardenella (original poster) at 4:52 PM on Oct. 17, 2013