New to the site - Looking for groups to join... help!

Hi Everyone.. I'm new to the site and I'm trying to find some groups to join and some new friends. I'm having a hard time finding some groups so I thought I would ask if anyone knows of any that would be helpful to me.
I'm a 24 year old widowed mom of 4 year old twins and I'm also raising my late husbands 14 year old brother who has bipolar disorder (type 2) an anxiety disorder, who has also experienced past abuse (so he's dealing with a lot especially after losing his brother who he was very close to)
Sammy, my 14 year old, is the biggest reason I joined this site. I really need some advice and support in dealing with him

AllyB_

Asked by AllyB_ at 1:23 AM on Oct. 18, 2013 in General Parenting

• We have a section in answers that is for special needs but everyone sees all the questions and answers so everyone will chime in if they can help.

You know how to get back to groups?
    There is a 20's group and I believe there is a special needs group as well.

Welcome and good luck.

Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:34 AM on Oct. 18, 2013

• I think I can find it, thank you!
    AllyB_

Comment by AllyB_ (original poster) at 1:38 AM on Oct. 18, 2013

• Good luck. You have a lot on your plate. I hope you find what you are looking for on CafeMom.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:42 AM on Oct. 18, 2013

• thank you :)
    AllyB_

Comment by AllyB_ (original poster) at 1:45 AM on Oct. 18, 2013

• Cm has lots if different forums , such as : mom advice or 20 something..there are also forums that advise for moms with specific questions . I am sorry of your loss I wish you lots of luck , the moms here are very helpful and nice...you hould find eveyone is vey welcoming.
    Best wishes to you.

~Cyn
    cynzbryte

Answer by cynzbryte at 8:10 AM on Oct. 18, 2013

• http://www.cafemom.com/groups/find.php?ct=groups_right_nav

There is a link to the site group finder.  Just put one or a few keywords in the search and enter and it should hopefully turn up some relevant groups to your search.  In the future, if you click on "My Groups" at the top of the page it should take you to another screen.  On the right will be a small menu.  Click on 'group finder' and it will take you to the search page.  They also have a bunch of topics to browse on the group finder page.  

Good luck.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:28 AM on Oct. 18, 2013

• You can just type a search term in that search box up in the right hand corner. It should bring you up some results.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:09 AM on Oct. 18, 2013