Has anyone ever had a real life spirtual encounters of any sorts? Please be honest :)

I was talking to a friend about ghosts, spirits, loved ones being around us that have passed, etc. However I am completely on the fence with this. I don't know what to believe. My dad passed away at 42 years old about ten years ago. I never feel him around me, and it bothers me. I miss him so much. Has anyone ever had any type of ghost, spirits, or loved ones around them, and you knew for sure you weren't imagining it? Would love to hear about it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:53 AM on Oct. 18, 2013 in General Parenting

• Yes, it is absolutely correct that our loved ones are being around us specially when we are in trouble or feeling tension. But we have no sense of their presence. My father passed away 3 years ago, he madly love me. I also miss him so much , but I never feel his presence around me. My DH felt his presence when we visit to his grave. They are also worried for our problems.
    kity-bity

Answer by kity-bity at 5:41 AM on Oct. 18, 2013

• Yep
    The strongest one was back in 2001
    I was walking out of the bathroom and saw a man walk through the dining room and into the kitchen. I was confused. I walked into the living room to ask my husband who was just here,and he gave me a confused face. I panicked and ran into the kitchen to see.....the door deadbolted and chained. No one went through that door. We looked all over the house,no man
    This guy was totally solid.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:17 AM on Oct. 18, 2013

• This has been several years ago but my cousin was 6 at the time and he got really upset and kept telling his mom to call Grandma and tell her to turn off the lights. V had told him to. At this time V had been dead for almost 20 years. Finally his mom called her and when she did sparks shot out of the switch. Electrician told her if she hadn't have done it when she did that there would have been a major fire.

I know that at our local high school that's fairly new that many of the teachers have reported seeing and hearing things when no one was around. Doors opening and closing, voices in rooms and no one there, etc. Even my sister has seen/heard this and no one can explain.

I can't explain any of it but I do believe there is something there.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 10:00 AM on Oct. 18, 2013

• Not me but i have always been really curious to hear others stories
    mitchellb

Answer by mitchellb at 10:34 AM on Oct. 18, 2013

• It's hard to explain, but a couple years before I got pregnant with my 10 year old son, my spirit/essence/soul/whatever had a conversation with my son's spirit/essence/soul/whatever. It was hours long, but only about 10 seconds "real" time. He told me that my pregnancy was going to be easy (it was) but no promises after that (he was an emergency C-section and has ADHD and ASD). I also know, from then on, that my first born was going to be a boy.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:15 AM on Oct. 18, 2013

• Yes.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:12 PM on Oct. 18, 2013

• Not what you are talking about, no. But I have had my own spiritual encounter.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 1:55 PM on Oct. 18, 2013

• I worked at a summer camp when I was in high school and college. There had been a young woman killed there in a tragic accident a few years before, on a hay wagon that I was riding at the time as a kid. One day, I was alone in the main building with the man I would eventually marry. The doors were all locked; he had checked them as usual since he was the maintenance worker. We were downstairs. We heard the back door open. Footsteps crossed the floor of the kitchen and dining room over our heads, made their way down the stairs. The front door opened and closed, squeaking loudly as it always did. I was sure someone had gotten in, but my boyfriend said it was just the camp ghost and not to worry. He said she checked in from time to time, always entering by the back door, crossing the kitchen and dining room, going down the stairs, and making her way out the front door. She seemed to mean no harm.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:44 PM on Oct. 18, 2013

• I don't know if it was a connection, but I like to think so. My sister passed away 2 years ago this month and I was in the living room and the radio on my alarm clock went off, no one was in the room. It was playing Who are you by the Who (CSI theme song), my sister and I would watch CSI marathons all the time, and the radio would not turn off and when I switched to a different station you could still hear the song in the back ground. Maybe it was a coincidence, I don't know but I like to think it was a connection.

Also, the day she died (I later found out it was at about the same time) I was in my car and the song My Sister, My Friend by Reba McIntyre came on.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 3:21 PM on Oct. 18, 2013

• Yes and you can't sense him around due to your skepticism. He knows you miss him and he's been around. I've seen things heard things and avoided an accident that simply should have happened. There should have been no way to avoid it. Happens to me a lot. I've gotten used to it.
    Anonymous