Could you have your period and still be pregnant!???

So today is Oct. 18 th and I was supposed to come on my period the 13 but didn't (mind you I've never been late before and me and my boyfriend had been having unprotected sex alot ) then yesterday while I was in class I felt something. When I went to the bathroom to wipe I noted a light pink residue and I little brown spotting on my underwear so I thought this was implantion bleeding. Then this morning I went to the bathroom and noticed a lot of blood like I was on my period leaving me confused and worried because I really want this baby and so does my boyfriend but I need to know what's going on if I'm pregnant or not could any one help me For other information... I'm 20 and in School for nursing

djrakeiah

Asked by djrakeiah at 7:40 AM on Oct. 18, 2013 in Pregnancy

• No
    You can BLEED while pregnant,but if it's heavy,that's a period,or early miscarriage

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:11 AM on Oct. 18, 2013

• Had you taken a test to determine if in fact you were pregnant? Are you in high school? You had better talk to your mother!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:52 AM on Oct. 18, 2013

• It's a light flow but it's bright red. And no I'm not in high school I'm 20 years old
    djrakeiah

Comment by djrakeiah (original poster) at 9:02 AM on Oct. 18, 2013

• Did you take a test to see if it was positive, just sounds like your period is late, I still would suggest finishing school, and getting married before you try for a baby, but what do I know.
    If you didn't take a test, you most likely were not pregnant.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:15 AM on Oct. 18, 2013

• I believe it is possible, but rare. Best idea is to make an appointment with your Dr. If you tested positive they can check your hormone levels and then check them again a few days later and if they are dropping then that usually means a miscarriage. But nobody here can really tell you for sure.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:10 AM on Oct. 18, 2013

• Yes you can
    You can ovulate up to three days after you have intercourse and still get pregnant.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:02 PM on Oct. 18, 2013

• You might have had a very early miscarriage, which is not uncommon. If you don't want a baby right now, get on a reliable form of birth control. It won't be easy to get through nursing school with a child to raise.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:22 PM on Oct. 18, 2013

• You should take a pregnancy test first before just assuming your pregnant.
    CEWarsop

Answer by CEWarsop at 2:43 PM on Oct. 18, 2013

• You can, but it's either your period being late or a miscarriage. Just because you have never been late before does not mean your cycle will run like clockwork all the time. Cycles change with age. They fluctuate all the time. Take a test to see if you were pregnant. Hcg should still register if you were. You will still want to follow up with a doctor if you get a positive.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 5:03 PM on Oct. 18, 2013

• Yes and No.
    Some of these Ass's are rude as all hell out here.
    I faced the same problem with this pregnacy but As soon as I went to the Doctor and had my ultrasound I was right.
    I was pregnant.
    Just be carefull and know what your body is telling you.
    Good Luck
    newathis918

Answer by newathis918 at 3:34 PM on Nov. 5, 2013