Did you keep them?

For special occasions I had shirts made ( Birthdays, Christmas etc- especially FIRSTS), and of course the special outfit and pj's.

I have Rubbermaid tubs with each years special things in it.

On a yardsale site, someone is looking for a first birthday shirt. There is no way I can part with things like that.

Did you or do you keep these type of things?

luvmygrandgirl

Asked by luvmygrandgirl at 10:25 AM on Oct. 18, 2013 in General Parenting

• I've kept stuff- not clothing so much, though I have my son's first pair of shoes and a shirt my daughter wore for like 4 yrs that has a girl being a drama queen on it (she was QUITE the drama queen!)
    the rest is mostly stuff they made or wrote in school
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:27 AM on Oct. 18, 2013

• So far I have kept everything but I plan to go through and really pick the most meaningful things so that i dont have to rent a storage unite for everything.
    mitchellb

Answer by mitchellb at 10:29 AM on Oct. 18, 2013

• There is so much baby stuff that ends up feeling special. I parted with most of it. I kept some of the outfits they wore for pictures, figuring if they have kids down the road that their kids could wear those dresses / clothes for a picture as well. Just the really nice stuff. And blankets and things that people had made for them (silver cup with their birthdate and name engraved). I tend to let a lot of things go. I'm not very sentimental about most things.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:30 AM on Oct. 18, 2013

• Nope, I throw almost everything out or gve it away.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 10:39 AM on Oct. 18, 2013

• I kept the outfits the girls came home from the hospital in. I might have kept a few other little things, but I gave them all to my first granddaughter....
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:57 AM on Oct. 18, 2013

• I saved everything from my first child including all the baby gear & toys. It was a good thing because I saved tons of money when I had my Daughter. I had everything I needed. She wore baby boy clothes around the house too. Now she's 2 & is becoming selective in what she wears! LOL! So I am slowly getting rid of all the boy clothes including the Birthday shirts that don't have his name on them. My neighbor has a baby boy so I gave her most everything & she gave me her older Daughters clothes for my Daughter. I was going to make a quilt with all the special baby clothes but it never happened. I will save their Christening outfits & baby blankets though.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 11:06 AM on Oct. 18, 2013

• oh absolutely. i keep all the hand me downs in big rubbermaid bins also, but one is full of baby clothes that i refuse to part with. mostly preemie outfits that my oldest wore, and then adorable onesies and other cute clothes that all of them have worn that i just can't get rid of. those are the things i want to pass down to them if & when they have children of their own.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:09 AM on Oct. 18, 2013

• pre school to grade 1 I kept EVERYTHING. eeeeeeeeeeverything. even lunch menus, lol

now with a 2nd and 3rd grader I keep 100% things, report cards, and art stuff.

hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 11:50 AM on Oct. 18, 2013

• No I give away everything except 2 blankets that were made for my son.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 12:02 PM on Oct. 18, 2013

• I have kept all the ones we bought while on vacation but I never bought the "first" shirts. When we cleaned my DH's closet he did not want to part with old high school and concert shirts that were thread bare and falling apart so I made them into a quilt for him. I plan to do that with the kids vacation shirts too.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 12:43 PM on Oct. 18, 2013