• In the Spotlight:

My husband's co-worker's 6 year old son got his butt kicked by 3 kids yesterday at recess...

and apparently everyone out there was struck blind,because no one came forward to report it. The kid was scared to say anything,so when his mom came to pick him up,and he was covered in bruises,she marched him back into the school and demanded an explanation. How the teacher didn't notice he was hurt is beyond me.
So much for the bully policy,"see something,do something,say something"
The poor little guy just curled into a fetal position on the ground as the kids hit and kicked him :(
If I was that parent,I'd be on the phone to the police as I stood there in front of the principal.
Wow,how sad is this??

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 8:52 PM on Oct. 18, 2013 in General Parenting

• That is awful. When I was a kid there was a boy in my school that bullied me terribly. He pulled down my pants when I was on the top of the slide in first grade. Pushed me off the giant tire mountain in second grade. Put gum in my hair in third grade. In fourth grade he got a bunch of his friends to chase me around and try to make me eat mud. I finally got tired of it and told him I was going to go tell on him and he stopped. Then in fifth grade he tried to beat up my little sister when we got off the bus, we had move to his street in fourth grade. I ran home and got my brother who was in high school. My brother went and shook the shit out of him and told him that if he ever touched us again that he would kick his ass. That was enough. He left me alone after that.
    The school didn't do anything about it. That was 30 years ago and the thought was that kids would work it out on their own. Bullshit! He terrorized me for FIVE years
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:19 PM on Oct. 18, 2013

• Where the hell was the supervision during recess? How did this go unnoticed by the staff? Poor little guy.
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 9:18 PM on Oct. 18, 2013

• How any six year old, let alone pack of them, could be so poorly supervised at school is beyond me. Principal and teachers would be running for cover if it happened to my kid. How awful!
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 9:18 PM on Oct. 18, 2013

• thats so sad and i would be LIVID! how could a mom notice in a few seconds something his teacher didnt notice all afternoon?!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 9:38 PM on Oct. 18, 2013

• And you could bet your bottom dollar that if he were at home shooting a pellet gun at a target and someone from the bus stop saw him and told their teacher he would be suspended for zero tolerance even if it wasn't on school property. I don't know about other school districts, but ours make the parent and students sign a bully policy. However, when it comes to actually enforcing bully policies the schools fall terribly short.

I agree, I would be in the office raising hell and calling the police if for no other reason that to show the school that I mean business.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:43 PM on Oct. 18, 2013

• That is such utter bullshit! I would be beyond pissed if that were my child. How did a teacher not notice 1) the kid getting the shit kicked out of him and 2) the bruises from the beating?!
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 11:43 PM on Oct. 18, 2013

• Oh, and if any of you are these girls.... F*** You! LMAO. Just kidding.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:58 PM on Oct. 18, 2013

• I would never let that shit fly.

How did his teacher not notice something was wrong, he had just been beat up. The teacher and the school would be very sorry when I was done!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:21 PM on Oct. 18, 2013

• This makes me want to puke. I would be calling the POLICE & a LAWYER!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:24 PM on Oct. 18, 2013

• For what it's worth, there was a kindergartner at our school who LEFT class, walked all the way home, crossing several streets, passed a cop, knocked on his mom's door and went inside. Teacher noticed half an hour later. Not one thing has been done to acknowledge this. Mom is pissed! As she should be.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:01 PM on Oct. 18, 2013