Change name before or leave it

You meet the man of ur dreams and get marries but its after you have received your medical degee (well the wedding is). Do you change your name ir keep the name you graduated as? She would have to change her license and all that....I have played with this thought for years...what should I do when the time comes :)

Jazmineamomma

Asked by Jazmineamomma at 8:05 AM on Oct. 19, 2013 in Money & Work

• Your birth name is the one that identifies YOU, all others may be temporary, but that one is yours for life.
    goldpandora

Answer by goldpandora at 8:09 AM on Oct. 19, 2013

• Personally I would keep the name that I had when I got the degree and use it professionally. I know women who have done that.
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 8:10 AM on Oct. 19, 2013

• My Doctor hyphenates her name. Hers isn't bad. How would yours sound?
    LancesMom

Answer by LancesMom at 8:18 AM on Oct. 19, 2013

• To me, if I get married before graduation and I like his last name I would change it. If it happens after (regardless if I like his last name ir not) I wouldn't change it. If he has an issue with it, tough nutz, he should have came aling at the right time.
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 8:31 AM on Oct. 19, 2013

• @lancesmom currently Im singker so I have no clue. Lol if I based it off of the last guy it wiuld be, Hardison-Ahmed. Lol (it sounds very different)
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 8:33 AM on Oct. 19, 2013

• Single, would. Funny thought my patients wouldn't know what to think with a name like that.
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 8:36 AM on Oct. 19, 2013

• Maiden Name if not married.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:03 AM on Oct. 19, 2013

• I would change my name. My kids pediatrician changed hers when she married, no problems.

Answer by missanc at 9:45 AM on Oct. 19, 2013

• I would keep my name.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 11:19 AM on Oct. 19, 2013

• If you get divorced you would just have to change it back. I would stick with your name.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 12:54 PM on Oct. 19, 2013