Financially

Have you been in such a bad financial situation where the checks you write had to be returned because you simply have no money in your account? Will/does it get better. I need some hope. I have so many necessary expenses.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:34 PM on Oct. 19, 2013 in Money & Work

• Everyone has bounced a check. If you are writing them KNOWING they will be returned, you're digging yourself a deeper hole than if you had not written them at all. You'll have hundreds of extra dollars in fees and penalties, and possible criminal charges.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:37 PM on Oct. 19, 2013

• Roseanne said you're just supposed to mail the wrong check to the wrong utility company.... LOL!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:45 PM on Oct. 19, 2013

• What is wrong, is sending checks out you know you do not have money in the bank for. Whey don't you send less money to all the bills. So ever bill gets some money.

Answer by louise2 at 2:43 PM on Oct. 19, 2013

• No, I filed bankruptcy instead. No regrets. The bank charges you for each returned check. Not the best idea to knowingly write bad checks.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 6:22 PM on Oct. 19, 2013

• I don't write a check I can't cover. As others have pointed out, besides the fees, you could face criminal charges. Sounds like maybe you need some credit counseling.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:09 PM on Oct. 19, 2013

• Sounds like it's time for a job... or a second job... or selling the home... or moving to a less expensive rental.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:43 PM on Oct. 19, 2013

• The plain truth is, knowingly writing bad checks will get you sent to jail. Not to mention pile up overdraft fees from the bank, and get you in trouble with the companies you pay with money you don't have. Nothing good will come of it, nothing at all.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:04 AM on Oct. 20, 2013

• cut back where ever you can
    girliemom0406

Answer by girliemom0406 at 4:52 PM on Oct. 27, 2013