Obama Care...

Does anyone know anything about Obama Care? I havnt been much into the news lately, & have been wondering what some of the details are.. (I want serious answers only.. I know alot of people have their own opinions about it, but im looking for facts..) like who can be on it.. What it will cover. eyecare? dental? . if im already pregnant can I still get on? ect. is it going to pay everything or will it have a co-pay? or a deductible? and prescriptions?

sarahlu

Asked by sarahlu at 6:06 PM on Oct. 19, 2013 in Health

• like who can be on it..    From my understanding, anyone that wants to pay for a policy with them can be on it.

What it will cover. eyecare? dental?   I believe they have a few different plans that they will offer with differing coverage.  Mostly has to do with amounts of co-pay / deductibles and out of pocket expenses.  I have not heard of dental or vision being covered though.  I already have insurance so I really haven't checked into what this plan covers.

if im already pregnant can I still get on? ect.  Yes, they cannot exclude someone due to pre-existing conditions and that would include prenatal care.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 6:18 PM on Oct. 19, 2013

• is it going to pay everything or will it have a co-pay? or a deductible? and prescriptions?  It will have all of those, amounts will vary depending on which level of coverage you choose.  

There is talk of subsidies for those making under $94,000 per year.  I don't know what amounts the subsidies come in and it may be specific to different areas.  I have heard that the numbers are much higher than anticipated for many, but in some states the prices are a bit lower than what is already offered.  Best idea is to call them (their site is a disaster) and have someone walk you through it.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 6:20 PM on Oct. 19, 2013

• If you can afford the plans they offer, then yes you can get it. Be careful when choosing a plan. The benefits vary (copays, deductibles, coinsurance can vary from plan to plan). If you do not understand the coverage offered under each plan, many states have people who will guide you though the process. You should be able to get a plan while pregnant, but I would check to see what is covered before making any decisions.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 6:26 PM on Oct. 19, 2013

• Some plans may cover dental and some cover dental and vision, but again be careful when choosing. And generally, the more expensive plans are the ones offering dental and vision.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 6:41 PM on Oct. 19, 2013

• Sarah, your state is using healthcare.gov. Your answers are all there.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:56 PM on Oct. 19, 2013

• My co worker was online all day and finally got through to someone. She hasn't had insurance in years so she has fully supported it. She makes a meager living so this was going to really save her butt until she learned it was $480 a month. She is 60. I don't know the details about the copays or deductible. I just know she clammed right up about O'Bama Care once she actually tried to use it. Suffice to say, she is not going with it.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 4:14 PM on Oct. 20, 2013

• Outlook not so good.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 7:18 PM on Oct. 23, 2013