What 'grown up' thing can your toddler do?

My Son learned how to START MY TRUCK and UNLOCK HANDCUFFS at 17 months old..just by seeing both things done one time. He learns that quickly with everything but wow..these I did not expect! Should have known, tho..He is a brilliant Child! And yes, He knows which keys do these things. lol.

irishstarz

Asked by irishstarz at 2:12 PM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My daughter just showed me today that if I have the dvd player unplugged to everything, that she can plug everything in the right place including the Audio, and Video in the right slots and then turn it on, insert her Barney DVD, switch my tv to AV and play her DVD. I think I stood and just looked at her for 10 minutes with my mouth open. I couldn't believe a 2 yr old could hook up a DVD player. I guess if you want Barney bad enough....
    izzimommy203

Answer by izzimommy203 at 4:31 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Yikes! He can start a car and unlock handcuffs? Keep an eye on that one mama!
    My twins are 27 mos and they don't do anything like that. The closest we come is turning the tv and dvd players on/off and starting a show.
    twinclubmom

Answer by twinclubmom at 2:21 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• my 18 month old helps unload the dishwasher.

my 3 year old can use the phone and has learned how to change movies in the DVD player LOL

Anonymous

• MY 2 1/2 UNLOADS THE CLOTHES THAT ARE IN THE DRYER...LOL TRYS TO SWEEP AND MOP THE FLOORS AND ALWAYS HANDS ME THE DISHES TO PUT AWAY...HE IS SUCH A BIG HELPP!!
    TSSN88

Answer by TSSN88 at 2:29 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• my 18mth old feeds her 7mth old sister mashed potatoes with a spoon! it is so cute and she does such a good job with little mess surprisingly. then she likes to help wipe her sisters face off afterwards. she also knows how to throw her own diaper away.
    ashlyh123

Answer by ashlyh123 at 4:23 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• My 2 year old clears his dishes from the table, dumps the food in the garbage and puts his dishes in the dishwasher. He also takes his dirty clothes to the laundry room.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:45 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Alexis helps her dad shovel snow outside.. plays on ''her'' computer in the bedroom by herself, goes in the fridge and helps herself to a yogurt or juice, puts her dirty clothes in the washer, makes her bed.. she's 3 1/2.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 1:22 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• My little boy just turned 2 years old today, and I have to say that he does everything he puts his mind to. He is a problem solver, he will do anything he puts his mind to and he won't stop until he's got it. He is a little OC so he is always cleaning the house. But I think the most impressive thing that my son do is he prays. He says grace every time before he eats, and when he goes to bed at night. He watches the birds fly outside the car window when we are driving and when there are no more birds he will ask God for more birds. it's so cute to hear him say "God, more birds please." come from the back seat all of a sudden.
    aridgeway

Answer by aridgeway at 1:59 PM on Feb. 20, 2009