What should I be eating?

I have recently started working out in the mornings. Is it better to eat before or after, and what should I be eating to maximize my results. I'm pretty good throughout the day, but breakfast has me stumped. I don't usually want traditional foods (cereal, fruit) so I need some new suggestions.

lvaughn26

Asked by lvaughn26 at 2:12 PM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I always workout at the end of the day after I ate everything that way I can work the fat out. but I am on the slim fast diet you can have a shake for breakfast.. If you want to see me about it go to slim fast.com.. I have lost 13 pounds in 4 weeks and doing it the healthy way so the weight will not come back on after I stop the diet... Hope this helped God bless you

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 10:34 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I'm on the Alli program diet thing and for breakfast I usually have either an omlet or a breakfast burrito. I use the egg beaters, 2% milk cheese, turkey sausage or bacon, and salsa (for the buritto). Or I just have fruit. It tastes good and it usually falls into most diet plans.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 11:14 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Ok...bear with me here...I took a nutrition class in HS. Look up mypyramidtracker.gov This is an all-around site that will allow you to type in your meals and daily exercise. Even if you do not do the 'standard" exercises...it will allow you enter things such as what you lift each day, how much you walk, etc...
    What I learned (from what I remember) is that starches are bad and protein is good. And of course, breakfast is the best meal of the day!!!!! :) I hate breakfast!!
    I used to feel "the less you eat the less you weigh" NOT TRUE
    By not eating you slow your metabolism, what you need to do is eat the right foods/portions to make your metabolism speed up!
    Hope this helps!
    Tiff
    alexandersmom03

Answer by alexandersmom03 at 2:10 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• PS- mypyramidtracker.gov is free!!!!
    alexandersmom03

Answer by alexandersmom03 at 2:11 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I would eat a small breakfast BEFORE working out to energize and stabilize your blood sugar during your workout. Non-diabetics can also have low blood sugar, especially after fasting (which is essentialy what we are doing when sleeping) and jumping right into a workout. If you've ever felt so hungry you had the shakes thats low blood sugar! Try something with high fiber. If you don't like cereal you can always have one of those whole wheat LIGHT Thomas muffins with some fruit or even an egg and slice of deli ham or a slice of turkey bacon. Or half a whole wheat pita stuffed with spinach, light cheese and some deli turkey or some chicken. I wouldn't eat right away either, but wait about 20-30 minutes
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:55 PM on Feb. 20, 2009