I Hate Wyoming Weather...

I sent out Birthday invites for my sons birthday in the park on Wednesday, the weather showed it would be 52 and Sunny.... It's raining and I don't have a back up plan.. And even if I did have one, I don't have any contact numbers for any of the kids in his class that might come. Stupid Weather. This is our first Winter in WY, so I didn't think it would be a big deal to have the party outside. Inside from now on I guess..

I think the few people I know for sure are coming, we could relocate to the bowling alley or the theater. What would you do in this case?

cassie_kellison

Asked by cassie_kellison at 12:37 PM on Oct. 20, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Call the ones you can & leave a little sign w/ a balloon attached saying where the party was moved. Or see if the ones who are coming have the numbers of the others you haven't heard from yet. I hate to say post it on FB, b/c then everyone will know you are not home. At least next year you will know to have a back-up plan & include that info in the invitations. Hope you still have a good day :) Let us know how it went.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 12:58 PM on Oct. 20, 2013

• Send notes via son to his friends that were invited with your change of plans.
    I would also include in the note your phone # so parents can call you to RSVP. This way you'll accomplish 2 things, getting friends phone numbers and verify how many are going to be in attendance.
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 12:53 PM on Oct. 20, 2013

• Always, always have a back up plan when planning an outdoor event, and include it on the invite. I've had too many rained out pool parties, and learned my lesson.

At this point all you can do is carry on as planned and meet at the park. Then you can let parents know where you plan on relocating.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 12:59 PM on Oct. 20, 2013

• Any out door parties should have indoor back up plans.

Answer by louise2 at 1:00 PM on Oct. 20, 2013