Should I go visit my husband in the hospital if I'm sick?

I just found out my husband has to be in hospital for three days for a cat bit. The cat bit him and he hand got really infected. I'm just about over my flu I caught about three days ago. Do you think it would be OK to visit him in the hospital? He does have his own room, but I'm not sure how risky it would be. I would hate to get anyone else sick. And I did get the flu from him, so I don't think I have to worry about getting him sick with the flu again.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:16 PM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Health

• If you are almost over it, chances are you aren't contagious anymore. I would go.
    Anonymous

• id say if your not running a fever its safe to go visit him but if you have a fever i wouldnt.
    Anonymous

• no, most hospitals do have signs up saying if you have the flu or have recently had it, that you should not visit.
    Anonymous

• Call the nurse's desk and ask what their policy is.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 2:19 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Don't go. You could pass your germs on to a baby or a patient in critical care. And elderly people have low immunity, too.
    imacafemom

Answer by imacafemom at 2:26 PM on Feb. 19, 2009