Should I give her a second chance?

I'm ticked. My 6 yr old has two cats. One she's had for 4 yrs and the newest one that is a Very small kitten.

My daughter went to her friends for a play date today. I noticed the kitten missing. I go through the house calling for kitty. After awhile I hear meowing and trace it to her desk drawer!! She put the kitty in the drawer, shut it and left.

I'm tempted to find him a new home, but wondering if I should give her one more chance. She's never done anything like this before today.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:28 PM on Oct. 20, 2013 in Pets

• You will have to talk to her. A nice, long serious talk.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 3:30 PM on Oct. 20, 2013

• Oh I plan on it! I'm waiting for my husband to get home from the store so I can pick her little butt up early from her play date.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:32 PM on Oct. 20, 2013

• No harm, no foul. My daughter used to put our dog in her back pack and hang it on her bunk bed. I'd hear barking and go in her room to see the backpack swinging back and forth... LOL! Honestly I think the dog enjoyed it.

She didn't hurt the cat. Just do as staci said and talk to her about proper care of the pet.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 3:33 PM on Oct. 20, 2013

• I'm actually laughing out loud. Ask her why she did it to find out the details first. She may not have meant any harm. :)
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 4:00 PM on Oct. 20, 2013

• I wouldn't find the kitten a new home just yet if this is the first problem incident. Just chat with your daughter about how she could hurt the cat if she locks it up somewhere and it can't escape. It sounds like it was an innocent mistake, not a malicious one.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:03 PM on Oct. 20, 2013

• Maybe the cat crawled into her drawer & she didn't know it was in there.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 4:08 PM on Oct. 20, 2013

• poor kitty : (
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 4:19 PM on Oct. 20, 2013

• Are you sure you daughter did this? Kittens are known for getting into tight spaces. Pour cat runs into the linen closet every time we open it... Can't tell you how many times I've shut the cat in there myself!! Your kid is just that, a child and will di child like things. Your job is to teach her the right way to do things, not freak out every time something happens.
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 4:34 PM on Oct. 20, 2013

• Since this is not characteristic of her behavior & she has 4 yrs. of pet care experience, I would just tell her where you found the kitten & that she needs to make sure something like that never happens again.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:56 PM on Oct. 20, 2013

• I would give her a second chance after explaining why what she did was wrong and why....

Answer by older at 4:57 PM on Oct. 20, 2013