Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my husband and i are separated wth a 1yr old he has recently been promoted to seargent who determines child support because he currently will only give no more then 300.00 per month

Can i file for assistance thru the county

Answer Question

Asked by ronic30 at 6:04 PM on Oct. 20, 2013 in Toddlers (1-2)

Level 1 (2 Credits)
Answers (9)
  • go to court and get a child support order!

    Answer by Crafty26 at 6:07 PM on Oct. 20, 2013

  • Agree with Crafty!

    Answer by KTElite at 6:10 PM on Oct. 20, 2013

  • You can request that the support order be modified to help support the household. If you have a SO in the home it could be a problem

    Answer by hau_siyoka at 6:12 PM on Oct. 20, 2013

  • Thanks!! Thats my plan!

    Comment by ronic30 (original poster) at 6:12 PM on Oct. 20, 2013

  • No So.

    Comment by ronic30 (original poster) at 6:13 PM on Oct. 20, 2013

  • If you have not filed for child support he can give you what he likes. If you want it changed then you have to make the effort. I suggest you get a job.

    Answer by Dardenella at 6:33 PM on Oct. 20, 2013

  • the county that you live in determines the amount of support, not your husband.

    Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 7:01 PM on Oct. 20, 2013

  • File for child support. In the meantime, you may qualify for food stamps or other assistance through the county where you live.

    Answer by Ballad at 7:39 PM on Oct. 20, 2013

  • Until you go to court, he doesn't LEGALLY have to give you squat.

    Answer by PartyGalAnne at 8:36 PM on Oct. 20, 2013

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN