Lice Question?

So I check often for these little suckers and never found any,but I found a couple on Thursday and I called the school Friday morning. I let them know and I mentioned 2 other kids that are not in her class that she plays with on occasion. The next thing I know I receive a call from the mom of the 2 non class mates saying the school sent her kids home from school because they gave my kid lice, but her kids don't have lice. Ok so first off how could the school be so careless should it not have been anonymous and I was just trying to be a responsible parent, and let them know who may be exposed, I never said it was the non classmates fault. Do I get made at the school? They should be more sensitive to my DD privacy.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:36 PM on Oct. 20, 2013 in Kids' Health

• Sounds to me like someone is really jumping the gun here. I don't know about YOUR school, but MINE won't even give me a list of the first names of kids in my child's class so I can make up birthday invitations, or some other something with a name on it. All they'll give me is the number of students IN the classroom.

I'd say, let this one go, it's really not worth the effort of trying to figure out who said what to whom.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 7:03 PM on Oct. 20, 2013

• Sounds to me like the parent is making things up. The school would not have sent the kids home if there was no lice.
    2nd, the school would not have said that you called.
    3rd, next time make sure to mention that you want to be anonymous.
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 6:59 PM on Oct. 20, 2013