Fun games with flash cards?

My daughter's teacher recommended at our conference last week that I ought to get some flash cards to work with my daughter on addition and subtraction, sight words, and rhyming. Fair enough, but I was wondering if there are fun games we can do so it doesn't feel so much like drilling? Are there Web sites to find creative ways to use flash cards, or do any of you moms have tricks up your sleeves?

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 11:39 PM on Oct. 20, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• check pinterest! not sure how you would do it with the math but maybe rhyming might work with a matching game. my son is in speech therapy and they use flash cards for articulation drills but they have two sets of cards and we lay them out upside down and play a memory/matching game and he has to say the words he finds. You could find or make cards of rhyming words and do a matching game with rhyming words
    AllyB_

Answer by AllyB_ at 12:25 AM on Oct. 21, 2013