relocating to another state from ny

my daughters dad and I have joint custody,,my daughter will be 17 in a few months and has told me she wants to come with me,,my daughter has been living with me since birth; her dad and I never lived together and broke up when she was 4 years old.. I am buying a house in nc and the schools and environment are so much better there than here in ny..explained my side to him and he said he would get back to me,,i asked my daughter who she wanted to live with and she said me..what are my chances of being successful with this transition if he doesn't agree?

sexy0311

Asked by sexy0311 at 11:40 PM on Oct. 20, 2013 in Teens (13-17)

• at 17 he really doesn't have a say anymore... contact the court and ask what needs to be done. I know in MA once the child is 13 they have a say on who they live with.
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:44 PM on Oct. 20, 2013

• thanks so much,,,i believe I may leave by the new year,,she turns 17 in February,,will that still weigh in since she will not be 17 yet,,i checked with the courts a few years ago when she was around 13 but new shes almost 17
    sexy0311

Comment by sexy0311 (original poster) at 11:52 PM on Oct. 20, 2013

• You will have to check again to be sure... We aren't lawyers here
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 12:13 AM on Oct. 21, 2013

• thanks so much,,i spoke to him last week and he said he would get back to me with an answer this week but I have not heard back,,should I ask again or wait until he addresses it with me?
    sexy0311

Comment by sexy0311 (original poster) at 10:49 AM on Oct. 26, 2013