Elf on the shelf. Questions and ideas

I think were going to start elf on the shelf this year. But I have some questions, when do you start it? Do you put him in a different spot every single night? Or every few nights? Ideas for where to put him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on Oct. 21, 2013 in General Parenting

• https://www.facebook.com/ElfOnAShelfGoneBad?ref=ts&fref=ts
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 12:11 AM on Oct. 21, 2013

• When our boys were young, we started Dec. 1st.
    Our elf would be in so many places. One of his favorite places was the freezer. He missed the North Pole. :)
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 12:31 AM on Oct. 21, 2013

• we start Dec 1st and change him every night. the kids LOVE it! the thing about the Elf is that you can do it however you want, you make the rules. we kept to the book, just cause its easiest. we had to keep our Elf up high b/c DS was a grabby toddler last year. just google "elf on the shelf ideas" and you'll get a ton of hits. last year we hung him in the wreath, from the ceiling fan, band-aided him to the bathroom wall, spelled things out with cherrios, hid in the tree, and baked cookies (in which he spilt flour and wrote a note). 

i dunno which is more fun, watching the kids enjoy it or coming up with new places to put the Elf!! 

okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:35 AM on Oct. 21, 2013

• We started last year, and I had so much fun with it!!

Ginger, our Elf, arrives the night of Thankgiving. He moves to a different spot each night. The book that comes with it explains everything. I'm trying to figure out where to put him on arrival night this year.

Last year she was mischievous. one morning she was discovered under the tree with our nutcracker. She left a heck of a mess with pecans cracked everywhere. One night all of my dd's dolls were sitting around a doll table having a tea party.

Pinterest has great ideas. Plus, did u know there is a bday elf outfit you can buy so the elf will show up at your child's bday party too?
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 6:36 AM on Oct. 21, 2013

• I had never heard of this until like a year or two ago...
    sadly, my kids are too old for it now (one moved out and the other is 17)- it would have been so much fun!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 8:14 AM on Oct. 21, 2013

• I moved him every morning before they got up. I will start dec 1 this year.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:24 PM on Oct. 21, 2013

• I want to do this this year. My dd is at the right age.
    libramoon007

Answer by libramoon007 at 9:21 PM on Oct. 22, 2013

• check out pinterest.com if you are a member---they have awesome idea's
    girliemom0406

Answer by girliemom0406 at 4:33 PM on Oct. 27, 2013