Thud

my four year olds insist on sleeping "upside down" in their toddler beds and one of them is always rolling out XD silly boy, thats why the top part has sides! his grandma wants to get them twin size beds soon, I told her we'll have to get rails for it :P

AllyB_

Asked by AllyB_ at 1:04 AM on Oct. 21, 2013 in Just for Fun

• My daughter never had a toddler bed, so I just put her big girl bed up against the wall on one side and got a rail for the open side. It worked well, and the rail was inexpensive and easy to install.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:13 AM on Oct. 21, 2013

• We got those rails for them because their cribs didn't come with a railing but they did convert to a toddler bed so we have those! :) So glad I won't have to spend extra money on them. they're at my parents house with their old cribs right now.
    AllyB_

Comment by AllyB_ (original poster) at 1:16 AM on Oct. 21, 2013

• Do you have twins?
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 1:22 AM on Oct. 21, 2013

• What part of this is your question.... I'm confused
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 1:28 AM on Oct. 21, 2013

• She does have twins. Not sure if there is a question here.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:31 AM on Oct. 21, 2013

• We never did toddler beds with my kids. I like those conversion cribs a LOT though.

We got these: http://tinyurl.com/m6zz3h4 for them. For my daughter, it had a mechanism that allowed it to be tucked bewtween the mattress and box springs, or just hinge down to the floor. She was about 2 1/2, and her brother was 5. No matter HOW many times we told him to leave the bed rail alone, it wasn't a toy, he's still mess with it and put it down. Well, one day he put it down, she fell off her bed, landed just wrong and broke her collar bone.

They're 10 and 6 1/2 now.

Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:21 AM on Oct. 21, 2013

• My DD went from her crib to a twin. I didn't use a rail. I used the crib mattress beside the twin as a landing pad, just in case. She didn't roll off more than once, iirc. My DS went from his crib to a full. (DD went from twin to full at the same time.) I used the crib mattress, too, and he had fewer than five roll-offs.

I imagine you won't have room for two twin beds and two crib mattresses in their room, but they will learn how to stay on their beds more quickly if you're willing to forego the rail and simply pad the floor. The bigger mattress gives them more room to roll over.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 11:54 AM on Oct. 21, 2013