Help!!! anyone have a stove that runs on propane???

my stove runs on propane and the ovan is not working.. burners are we have plenty of propane.. but oven does not heat up.. normally it goes click click poof.... and life is normal.. now it click clicks..... silent.. does not preheat.. my mom says it might be the ignitor ( but then again her stove is electric ) so if anyone knows what it could be or how to fix or how much what ever part might cost would be soooo helpful. I understand calling someone ( though I don't know who ) but im afraid of it costing 2-300 for someone to come and say yup its____ and then the cost to fix what ever is the issue if theres a chance we can do it. oct is a very hard month for us... besides mortage both cars and truck need to be registerd and stickerd and its my sd's bday.. so its already a tight month so this ovan issue it just another thing :( any info that would help would be awesome..

tabbys4

Asked by tabbys4 at 9:25 AM on Oct. 21, 2013 in Home & Garden

• You'd call appliance repair from the yellow pages. They should be able to quote you over the phone. Is it still under warranty? If not it might be easier to just replace it.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:31 AM on Oct. 21, 2013

• My DH says it might be the ignitor also. Go through the yellow pages and look for places to call.....appliance repair, propane, etc. Tell them exactly what you have said here and ask for their opinions. Now, they will say they really can not tell over the phone what is wrong, but you can get a conversation going and that will lead to tons of info that you will need so you can decide what to do. GL!!
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 9:37 AM on Oct. 21, 2013

• Google the make and model of your stove with the symptoms. There is probably a tutorial on how to fix it yourself.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:41 AM on Oct. 21, 2013

• Is the pilot light lit?
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:26 AM on Oct. 21, 2013

• Open the very bottom cover on the front of the oven. look inside and see if you can see a tiny flame lit along the center back of the propane line. If not, just light it... Sometimes the pilot light goes out.
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 11:00 AM on Oct. 21, 2013

• We have one at the farm.
    Your best bet is to call the manufacturer of the stove. They usually have a help line and ask them what could be wrong with it. They may tell you how to fix it and even who in your area would be able to fix it for you.
    How old is it?
    You may be able to call a place like sears appliance parts and repair. They would tell us what part we needed and walk us through what we needed to find out so they could tell us and then walk us through how to fix it ourselves. With one dryer they even stayed on the phone and talked us through a tricky part on a dryer.
    You never know until you ask and of course buy the part from them.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:52 PM on Oct. 21, 2013

• thank you so much ladies :) im gonna talk to husband tonight the stove is 3 yr old warrenty I think is done :( I know its a maytag.. and I will try and find out about the lite and see if its out and go from there.... thanks again everyone :) xo
    tabbys4

Comment by tabbys4 (original poster) at 6:16 PM on Oct. 21, 2013