Lazy b****es

tell me im not crazy and that if you call your doctor's office they'll tell you over the phone whether or not your insurance is still active? because i just tried to call the urgent care i always take my kids to to find out and she said she couldn't tell me over the phone. im not asking for any personal information but i know for a fact that they verify these things when you make appointments because ive had them CALL me before and tell me that my insurance isn't active. she said i'd have to come in to find out but that's a freaking 20 minute drive and my kid doesn't feel well. her doctor's office is at lunch for another couple of minutes so ill call them when they open back up but i know that this isn't unheard of. i can't tell you how many times i've been called back when i make appointments on the same day to tell me that there is a problem with the insurance going through.

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 1:00 PM on Oct. 21, 2013 in Kids' Health

• I hate to say it but my Sister works in a Dr.'s office & she gets like that :(

I would call the billing department at the Dr. I bet they can check for you.
    Hope the LO feels better. My Son is home sick today too.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:09 PM on Oct. 21, 2013

• luckily her regular pediatrician's office was more cooperative. her appointment is in 25 minutes and she said she'd call if there was a problem with the insurance. she has a tummy ache she's been complaining of on and off for 3 days now. she has dark circles under her eyes and looks a bit pale but no fever and her appetite is normal so idk whats going on :( will post updates.
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 1:20 PM on Oct. 21, 2013

• why cant you just call the insurance company to see if its active?
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 1:44 PM on Oct. 21, 2013

• Just call the insurance company yourself.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 2:05 PM on Oct. 21, 2013

• That would be frustrating. I hope you get more cooperation if you call again when lunch is over.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:55 PM on Oct. 21, 2013

• because when i call the insurance company im on hold for 3 hours and then get cut off when an agent comes on.
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 4:05 PM on Oct. 21, 2013

• she has food poisoning btw
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 4:06 PM on Oct. 21, 2013

• Sometimes WE (the front office staff) are on hold for 3 hours and then hung up on. It's not any easier for us to call them than it is for you. Not to mention we have to verify all the patients for that day not just one. Please don't take it personally if we can't get to you right away. We are not lazy bitches as you so put it. That implies we are just sitting around playing solitaire on the computer. I assure you we are doing our jobs that we get paid for. Like any business speed of service depends how many customers are ahead of you at any given time.
    Anonymous

• OMG! What did she eat?? Poor little thing :(
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 6:18 PM on Oct. 21, 2013

• Oh gosh! Is she okay?
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 6:32 PM on Oct. 21, 2013