Worried for a friend of mine

A friend of mine had her baby like early this summer (had a C-section) and the baby is ok. However, she's been telling me due to the complications of the C-section she has been very sick for the last 3 months (constant vomiting). She sed since aug she hasn't been able to eat anything because her lymphnodes was swollen. She went to the hospital to get checked and they gave her antibiotics...they are no longer swollen, but she says she still can't eat anything (meaning she cant hold it in her stomach without it coming back up)...she said she went to several hospitals and they did several tests but the results seem to be the same. One of her docs put her on a liquid diet since Oct 3rd and now she can't even hold any liquid in her stomach either. They gave her what's called zofrsn but it didn't help any. Her potassium is decreasing overtime I guess from how sick she's been. Has anyone ever been thru this from a complicated C-section? I personally think its more than the C-section that did this to her, but im not a doctor so idk. She is a long-time bestie and i'm worried it could be something more serious...any ideas or suggestions that I could suggest to her?

CollegeMommy89

Asked by CollegeMommy89 at 1:33 PM on Oct. 21, 2013 in Health

• Has she had an abdominal ultrasound done? I would help her find a new Dr. (not an OBGYN) & start from scratch. How about a Gastroenterologist?
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:40 PM on Oct. 21, 2013

• I'd say she should go to a specialist.
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 2:02 PM on Oct. 21, 2013

• Have they done blood work to check for infection? That's my first thought--that she has some kind of infection that hasn't been caught.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:16 PM on Oct. 21, 2013

• It sounds to me like this might be a separate issu from the C-section. I'm no doctor, obviously, but I'd guess she needs to be seen by a gastroenterologist.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:49 PM on Oct. 21, 2013

• I agree with the gastro guy. But I'm sure the doctors have thought of all of this. I've never heard of this kind of complication with a C-section. Maybe the surgery was the catalyst for something else? Zofran is a nausea med for chemo patients. Didn't work for me at all...I would suggest she keep knocking on the doctor's doors or go to a larger city and get a referral to another specialist from her home town.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 7:26 PM on Oct. 21, 2013