Potty training

Ok so I have 3 kids the last one I am potty training she is 26 months old I have potty trained before, but potty training after 2 is new to me lol. My first dd I started at 12 months and we did it slowly until 18 months then we went more often and more consistant she was potty trained fully at 19 months (would tell you she had to go) she did however have accidents at night until she was almost 6. She is 8 now.

My middle dd we started at 12 months slowly she actually have kept her diaper dry since 12 months old at night and nap so once she was potty trained during the day she was completely out of diapers. She was 16 months old when she actually was near potty trained, but she got really sick with rota virus for 3 weeks so we had to stop so by time we started back up she was completely potty trained at 21 months old which was still before 2.

Well now I have another dd that is 26 months old. We started potty training at 12 months old (she showed big intrest) she was doing extremely good with only 1-2 accidents a day, but then she had to get blood drawn to check her lead levels and they were high so we had to have work done in our home so which means we had to move out of our house for about a month or so they put us in a rental house why ours was being done. We had to stop since I only use undies and not diapers I mean we did do it here and there, but I had to keep her in a diaper while doing it since if anything got stained or ruined in that house we had to pay for it. We moved back home she got the hang of it again in a couple weeks of being home. But then I ended up having to baby sit my nephews for a while (one was 4 month at the time) so my dd became very jelious so she stopped plus my other nephew who is 5 and a half now still isn't and wasnt then either potty trained. He will pee on the potty, but WILL NOT poop on it so she stopped going I stopped potty training for a while since she was having just WAY to many accidents and lost intrest so what I decided to do this passed Friday I went and bought her a new potty chair (the other one was just a plain potty) this one lights up and plays music she loves it. Yesterday only had 1 accident all day other than nap time of course. Then the day before she had 2 and a half accidents one was we went outside for a bit with undies on she had an accident then the other was she pooped then the other she had a half she started peeing on the potty I was like Kylee where you suppose to go potty so she runs to her potty chair and finishes on it. Today only 1 accident which was poop.

My question is she has to have the potty chair in the same room as her in order to remember to use it. How do I get her to start being able to go with it not being in the same room? If it is in the same room I don't even have to ask her she will just run to it and sit and go. The other question is how do I transition her to the big potty from the little potty? My other 2 NEVER liked the little potty so always went on the big potty. But her she has gone before on the big potty she isn't afraid of it nothing like that she just rather have the little potty. Oh and she rather be naked so she just sits when she has to go how do I go about putting clothes on her she throws a fit doesnt want to wear clothes ever since this new potty chair lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:10 PM on Oct. 21, 2013 in General Parenting

• sorry so long
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:11 PM on Oct. 21, 2013

• Honestly, I'd let her set the pace. Your kids were all trained quite early, and even this one is still pretty young. My daughter didn't train till three and a half. If she wants to use the potty chair for a while, let her. Just let her see you and the bigger kids going on the toilet so she realizes it's nothing to be afraid of. Don't make the clothes thing into a power struggle, either.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:34 PM on Oct. 21, 2013

• Thanks..
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:38 PM on Oct. 21, 2013

• I agree that you should just let it all happen naturally....no pressure. It will all fall into place over time especially since she has the others to model after.
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 6:56 PM on Oct. 21, 2013