Panda

How's your mom? Any word on when she'll get to visit with the robot?

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 7:01 PM on Oct. 21, 2013 in About CafeMom

• Thanks so much for asking! She's still waiting on the robot. She's very discouraged and depressed. I'm worried about her mental health on top of every thing else. :(
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 7:30 PM on Oct. 21, 2013

• cancer patients can get free transportation to treatments and doctor appts (there are even arilines- angel wings I think) that will fly her back and forth. You google free services for cancer patients, also there are financial options to help cover gas and bills for cancer patients out there as well.
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 8:37 PM on Oct. 21, 2013

• so insurance wont cover anything? Tell her to ask her doctor to guide her to a cancer clinic that will cover her and if insurance antis up and if they don't, she got treated for free!
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 7:58 PM on Oct. 21, 2013

• you are welcome, been there done that and used every service available to me to keep my family from having to do it all
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 8:57 PM on Oct. 21, 2013

• why doesn't she go with other options? Cancer can grow rapidly and spread, no way I would chance it and not start a different treatment!
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 7:41 PM on Oct. 21, 2013

• I dunno, if they were too booked for it I am certain I would opt for another solution. been there, no way I would wait on something like that. Hopefully she will either decide to push ahead with something else or get in soon.
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 8:15 PM on Oct. 21, 2013

• Panda that is terrible. I would take her to another hospital. She should not have to wait, that is crazy.
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 8:17 PM on Oct. 21, 2013

• Oh no it will cover it, but it's been a fiasco. First the insurance company had to authorize it. The she needed one more test. Now it's all set but the damn robot is too busy at the only hospital in her area that takes her insurance.

I'm starting to wonder wtf is up with this waiting game crap. Yesterday morning she tells me she's decided against the surgery. She says she is too old and tired and wants to give up. I called my step dad yesterday about it. He was of no help except to say she is depressed.

I'm heading back home next week. I swear I'm going to call her doc's office and pretend to be her to find out for real what's going on. Wrong, I know...but something is going on IMO.
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 8:06 PM on Oct. 21, 2013

• I didn't know that! Thank you so much for telling me. I'm waiting for her call right now.
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 8:48 PM on Oct. 21, 2013

• She promised me that she will call them tomorrow. The next hospital would be in Houston, and that's 2 hours from her. I'm going to suggest it when we talk tonight.

She nor my brother or step dad can drive in Houston, but I sure as hell can and will take her back and forth. I appreciate your thoughts and prayers.
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 8:24 PM on Oct. 21, 2013