Voices in my kids head? help!

Today my daughter was smacking her head and said "oh my gosh, these voices in my hwad. Get out!" I was in shock and had no idea what to say! Anyone have any idea what I should do. She is 4. Has a huge imagination and so happy. Should I just ignore it ask her questions about it? What!? I'm nervous.
No judging please..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:57 PM on Oct. 21, 2013 in General Parenting

• was it just this once?
    is there anything else that seems odd?
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:03 PM on Oct. 21, 2013

• I would call doctor, my LO used to say she heard things, come to find out she has fluid on her spine and a chiari malformation
    it could be anything but I would certainly call and speak to the doctor.
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 10:06 PM on Oct. 21, 2013

• you could ask her doctor but I personally would wait and if it happens again then I would speak to the doctor.

Also I would ask what they are saying etc.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 10:09 PM on Oct. 21, 2013

• I ask what they were saying and she said "to brush my teet, play, and knock the fridge down" Also she would always be talking amd I when I asked who she was talking to her she would say herlself.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:17 PM on Oct. 21, 2013

• I'd keep an eye on it and ask lots of questions, but if it isn't a regular thing, maybe she just heard somebody say something similar on TV or in a movie. Kids are little parrots.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 10:18 PM on Oct. 21, 2013

• Yea. I worry about everything. And I'm getting nervous
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:21 PM on Oct. 21, 2013

*****

That doesn't seem too strange, I don't think I'd worry much about it...unless it gets worse, or the voices are scary or mean
    Could just be a good imagination at this point
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:22 PM on Oct. 21, 2013

• It may be something she saw on TV or her imagination. I would ask what the voices said to her. I would go from there.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 10:38 PM on Oct. 21, 2013

• That's gotta be so worrisome Wouldn't go into panic mode but would definitely not ignore it! knocking over the fridge part seems bit odd I remember thinking random was around 4/5 when I first realized I could hear my thoughts or when I did something thought something bad Id hear my dads voice telling me no lol my son was about that age too when he asked if people live in our head and tell us what to think because he could hear something in his head but not through his ears. He has had totally evals and check ups always he's 10 now still totally normal and healthy. When I asked my other son if he every thought about that said no obviously it was just thinking because it was only his own thoughts lol I do/did pay attention to it because I use to have a client that had a son who was a sociopath he tried to kill her when he was 4 while she was sleep and a cousin that has metal issues and hears things hits herself best wishes
    Peaceformoms

Answer by Peaceformoms at 10:44 PM on Oct. 21, 2013

• Fact is, you're worried. Call the doctor and ask what he thinks and what future steps to be expected if it increases. Knowledge is power (and peace).
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:46 PM on Oct. 21, 2013