Any GED online programs?

im a single mom i left school in 9th grade now i regret it im trying to find a free online site i can get my ged high school diploma or something i would like to go to collage for a while so i can do better for my kids if you know of any online site please let me know

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:44 PM on Oct. 21, 2013 in General Parenting

• Have you taken any part of the GED test yet? The GED test will be changing at the beginning of next year and unless you finish and pass all parts of it, your scores will expire. You won't be able to find the test for free online, however, there are free online resources to help you study for the test. Call your local vocational/technical college and ask about their Adult Education GED preparation courses and tests. Sometimes they have scholarships for the study courses and the test itself.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:49 PM on Oct. 21, 2013

• Contact your local school district for guidance on GED programs. I wouldn't trust an online program; there are too many ripoffs out there and without one on one guidance you might not pass the test.

Our school district offers a GED preparation course for $30/semester. It meets for six hours total per week, spread over two days.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:50 PM on Oct. 21, 2013

• Here is a list of some fraudulent websites that promise GED tests online- http://www.gedtestingservice.com/testers/fraudulent-websites The GED test CAN NOT be taken online at all.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:56 PM on Oct. 21, 2013

• You can also find study groups for the GED at many libraries, community centers, or places like Catholic Charities and Salvation Army, or through your county employment center. Or, if you want to take the old-fashioned route, there are some great study guides you can check out from the library. Good luck.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:37 AM on Oct. 22, 2013

• not like the actually GED test but like that prepares me on it
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:45 AM on Oct. 22, 2013