How to shake this feeling off :/ ?

This morning I ran into someone that I thought I met awhile back she says to me...your name is Jennifer right? And I said yes with a smile and I said....your name is Mary? And she looked at me with a look like no but how can you compare me to her (just that look said it all) I'm sorry what is your name? She told me (Diane) I said I'm sorry I only met Mary once. Come to find out Mary is an older lady whom I thought was the one talking to me...OMG I felt bad I made it sound like this lady looked like her and insulted her. I asked her how does she know me. She says remember at one of the kids party...I just oh yeah but left it at that. I just feel terrible. I know this will soon pass but damn.
I felt bad for her I did not mean to insult her :(
Just venting ladies Thx!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Oct. 22, 2013 in Just for Fun

• Simple mistake.. Laugh it off next time you see her.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 11:15 AM on Oct. 22, 2013

• Dang. I would be feeling good about just remembering any name of someone I had met before, but only once. LOL. She needs to not be offended. It wasn't personal. You just remembered a different name. I would be understanding, but that's because I am horrible about remembering names.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:34 AM on Oct. 22, 2013

• I'm great with faces, but terrible w/ names. I think it's a common mistake & that she won't think much of it. So you shouldn't worry about it either. It was just a simple mistake. If you want something to worry about, turn on the news for a while, you'll find something! ;p
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 12:15 PM on Oct. 22, 2013

• If that's the worst thing that happens to you all day, consider yourself lucky. *Smile.*
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:51 PM on Oct. 22, 2013

• I meet THOUSANDS of women per year. I can't ever keep them straight.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:05 PM on Oct. 22, 2013