What age?

What age do you allow your teen DD to go to the movies alone with friends? I mean, parents drop off and pick up.

PassionMom1216

Asked by PassionMom1216 at 11:15 AM on Oct. 22, 2013 in Teens (13-17)

• We started allowing them to go to the movies without an adult in high school....however, my husband was known to drop by the theater when the movie was letting out to make sure that the kids were still where they said they were going to be. He didn't do it often, just enough to let them know it could happen.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:45 AM on Oct. 22, 2013

• hard to say, depends on the friend(s), trustworthy-ness of your teen and the others, maturity...what time they are going and how many of them...all that

charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:22 AM on Oct. 22, 2013

• Depends on the friends. I am not sure now but when my DD was of the age, I think 15. The first time her dad and I stayed in the mall and picked her right up. We do not believe in unsupervised mall roaming.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:01 PM on Oct. 22, 2013

• i was around 14 when my parents started letting me do it. it does depend though on maturity more than age.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:59 AM on Oct. 22, 2013

• I think it depends, who is going, do you know the friends, etc. I think 14 is a pretty good age.
    WifeyandMom71

Answer by WifeyandMom71 at 11:23 AM on Oct. 22, 2013

• My stepson has recently earned the right from his mom to go to movies with his friends, but she drops him off and picks him up. He's seventeen, but he had gotten into some trouble a few years ago that put off his self-governing privileges for a while. If that hadn't happened, he would probably have been going to the movies on his own at fourteen or fifteen.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:49 PM on Oct. 22, 2013

• Probably 14 or so.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:04 PM on Oct. 22, 2013

• 13 or 14. Depends on other factors.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 5:23 PM on Oct. 22, 2013