What exactly is a tilted cervix and does it cause any problems?

I was told by my midwife yesterday that i have a tilted cervix. This is my fourth pregnancy so it was a little aggravating that my obgyns before never said anything about it.

zackaroosmom

Asked by zackaroosmom at 2:30 PM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Health

• I have one too and so do about 40% of woman. It's genetic and it doesn't cause any problems. Some people can have a more difficult time getting pregnant, because the sperm have to "jump" in a way, but it doesn't sound like you or I have this problem, lol.
    Cramping during periods can also be a bit worse, but mine aren't too uncomfortable.
    Anonymous

• I have a lopsided uterus and no it doesn't cause any problems...your gyns probly never said anything b/c its not a big deal. Midwives are more anal about that kind of stuff.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 9:32 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Until I got pregnant it was not something my OB's evey mentioned either. Its not normally a medical issue, but it can sometimes make delivery and periods more difficult. Because of the direction and % that my cervix was tilted, they were unable to break my water when my labor stalled. I wound up with a c-section, but I think I was headed there anyways (with some other health problems).
    littlejreece

Answer by littlejreece at 6:18 PM on Feb. 20, 2009