Diaper making moms I have a question

I am going to be making diapers for my baby to be. I want to make the one size diapers along the idea of the bum genius diapers with the snaps in front to make it adjustable. I have found where to buy snaps BUT my questions are...

What size is generally used or is good to use?
I saw they have size 14-20 on one site.

And do you have to buy a snap press at 60-80 dollars to be able to put them on OR is there a cheaper way to put them on?

Im having a hard time believing that all these people who make diapers with snaps go and buy the press for that much money so Im hoping there is another cheaper way of doing so.

OH and is there a good pattern that you like for one size diapers?

Thanks for any help =)

ReneeLRS

Asked by ReneeLRS at 2:31 PM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I use the same kind of snaps for my purses, often times, and I dont use a press.. use a rubber mallet. You can also buy "kits" which include pounding tools.. but I prefer the rubber mallet because it does the job without damaging the snaps.

If you were going to be making diapers full time, I would absolutely invest in the press.. the time and energy it saves would absolutely offset the price.. but if your just making them for your own baby, its not worth it, IMO. Just do a few test runs with the mallet and you'll get the hang of it.

LuminousMom

Answer by LuminousMom at 11:07 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• i am bookmarking this cos i would be very interested in the answers as well! i tried with my daughter to make a diaper, and it turned out ok, but needed a lot of adjustments. i'm very interested in going all cloth with this next one.
    MaMaLaLa369

Answer by MaMaLaLa369 at 3:28 PM on Feb. 19, 2009