Do you get dressed up for church?

My church seems to want everyone to dress very formally- like back in the old days- and I am much more a "come as you are" kinda gal. I only really own jeans and no dresses or skirts... I wear a nice shirt and shoes with my jeans and my son wears jeans and nice shirt as well.

Just wonder how many people still dress up for church.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:49 PM on Oct. 22, 2013 in General Parenting

• I was taught to dress in the nicest clothes that I own for Church.
    That is what I also taught my children.
    For me it is a matter of respect.
    I do not care what others come in.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 3:52 PM on Oct. 22, 2013

• A lot of places around here do. It's normal to go out on a Sunday afternoon and see families dressed up at the grocery store or cheap restaurants like Perkins or Fridays. Even some of the more modern ones still have dressed up congregations from what I've seen having the misfortune to get caught in their traffic.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:57 PM on Oct. 22, 2013

• We dress in nice clothes (not formal) when we do go. Although, I don't think God cares what you're wearing. Nor do I think He takes attendance.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:05 PM on Oct. 22, 2013

• I usually wear nice jeans, with a dressy top and blazer. At times I will dress up.I have noticed the older people dress up while the younger generation is casual. My generation ,I am almost 50 is in the middle
    RobinChristine

Answer by RobinChristine at 4:07 PM on Oct. 22, 2013

• Our "church" (we're a Unitarian Universalist group and prefer to call outr"services" "meetings" because many are disillusioned with typical religion) is very casual and very come as you are. Which I like, because while I make an effort to be presentable, I don't like feeling like I have to dress up in a way that is uncomfortable or not true to who I am.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 4:11 PM on Oct. 22, 2013

• I dress up as I was taught, out of respect. You dont go to the opera in jeans, you dress for the occasion. Other churches are more casual and that's fine, my church isn't and I like dressing up once/week. We don't dress up for sun night or Wed evening services though.

Answer by missanc at 4:18 PM on Oct. 22, 2013

• Not anymore. It's a really casual church where I go, and especially after I had a baby, I just sopped worrying about what to wear.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:19 PM on Oct. 22, 2013

• Depends on my mood. We switched to a much more casual church over the summer and everyone dresses from one end of the spectrum to the Other.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 11:01 PM on Oct. 22, 2013

• I always dress up. But that's just my family - gotta wear our Sunday Go To Meetin clothes ~
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 8:08 PM on Oct. 24, 2013

• our church is casual-jeans welcome as long as they are clean w/no rips or tear's
    girliemom0406

Answer by girliemom0406 at 4:28 PM on Oct. 27, 2013