Just in time for Halloween

NBC News | October 22, 2013

Cops find bones, ‘occult altar’ in Colo. tool shed
Colorado police find suspected human remains and objects of occult worship, including candles, animal bones, animal skulls, and a machete, in a woman's tool shed. KUSA’s Will Ripley reports.

http://www.nbcnews.com/video/nbc-news/53342235/#53342235

How would you feel if you found out your old neighbor was sacrificing animals and maybe humans?

How would you feel if on your own property, in the shed inyour yard your hubby had been doing this?

Dardenella

Asked by Dardenella at 3:58 PM on Oct. 22, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• Items of occult worship... the media has done a craptastic job recently when dealing with alternative religions. Be interesting to see if there was anything 'occult' involved at all, or if it's just a shed.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:01 PM on Oct. 22, 2013

• Well that's disturbing. It would very disturbing if it was a neighbor, it would be even more disturbing if it was your own husband. I would like to think I know what my hubby is up to & that he wouldn't be able to do something like that without my knowledge tho.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:02 PM on Oct. 22, 2013

• That I can not say. The video says they recovered bones that they think might be human as well as the animal bones. I have the link up now.

I just figured the timing was great.
    Dardenella

Comment by Dardenella (original poster) at 4:03 PM on Oct. 22, 2013

• Hmmm. I eat animals daily so not sure I would care. Humans? Yeah I would be disturbed.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 4:05 PM on Oct. 22, 2013

• Me too, I mean really, that would take a good chunk of time regularly. Even if I hear my hubby doing something in another part of the house I will just go an check in now and then. I can't imagine not knowing.
    Dardenella

Comment by Dardenella (original poster) at 4:06 PM on Oct. 22, 2013

• including candles, animal bones, animal skulls, and a machete, in a woman's tool shed

I'm sure that could be easily explained. Nothing about that says 'occult worship' to me. Is it unusual for someone to own a machete? Reporter seemed to put emphasis on that.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 4:13 PM on Oct. 22, 2013

• *Shudder.*
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:17 PM on Oct. 22, 2013

• I have animal bones in my house, I even had a skull at one point. Of course my ex is a hunter and tends to keep at least one trophy head. Nothing weird about that. I hate that the media jumps on the "occult" bandwagon all the damn time.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 5:14 PM on Oct. 22, 2013

• My father owned a machete for years; he still may, for all I know. He used it for yard work. A well-maintained one can do some serious damage.

May-20

Answer by May-20 at 6:49 PM on Oct. 22, 2013

• i would be upset that my DH had kept secrets from me, but the rest really depends on what kinda bones they are...animal, creepy but not that big a deal...human bones and id be pretty freaked out!

as for the rest...well our garage has tons of candles (for power outages) and we own a machete too...guess were occult members now haha.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 6:51 PM on Oct. 22, 2013