Is it weird?

So i just started thinking is it strange that my DH and DD and I still walk around naked while getting ready in the morning. She is 9. We have always done this and it's never been weird we just don't care much for closed doors. But now that my kid is almost in tween years is it time to have more privacy? And do you care if your kids see you naked!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:02 PM on Oct. 22, 2013 in General Parenting

• Some households are much more open than others when it comes to nudity. If your daughter isn't uncomfortable with it and she knows that not everybody in the world is as open as you all are, it's probably fine. Just be sure she understands that it's not okay to be casual about her naked body outside your home, say if she goes to a sleepover, and that she knows about "good touch, bad touch" and appropriate boundaries.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:06 PM on Oct. 22, 2013

• Yes it is a bit weird, but if it's something you have always done and she's comfortable with it, then let her decide when she wants more privacy. I'd rather not be naked in front of my kids.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 5:04 PM on Oct. 22, 2013