Is it okay for my 10 year old to get false lashes for halloween?

Hello. My daughter is 10 years old and she is very into fashion. She asked me for false lashes for halloween, she does NOT have any allergies or anything like that. ONLY for halloween. WIll this ruin her real lashes? Please help. Thanks. :)

marieandsarah

Asked by marieandsarah at 5:20 PM on Oct. 22, 2013 in Shopping

• No. Fake lashes have nothing to do with your real lashes.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 5:21 PM on Oct. 22, 2013

• @ PartyGalAnne , No. is will not ruin her lashes or No, she should not be allowed?
    marieandsarah

Comment by marieandsarah (original poster) at 5:24 PM on Oct. 22, 2013

• Let her do it. As long as her skin isn't sensitive to the glue. The false lashes actually attach to the eye lid, not her lashes.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:28 PM on Oct. 22, 2013

• It won't ruin her real lashes. Whether she is allowed is up to you. I don't see why she shouldn't be, but you're the mom.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:30 PM on Oct. 22, 2013

• Yes. It can cause damage to her lashes. Although the glue is applied to the lid, it can run (especially in inexperienced hands) and end up pulling lashes in the process of taking them off. I don't see the need for a 10 yo to have fake lashes for any occasion, but that's up to you.

Answer by missanc at 5:59 PM on Oct. 22, 2013

• Its your decision whether she gets the lashes and as was already mentioned, as long as she doesn't have a reaction to the glue then she should be fine.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 6:55 PM on Oct. 22, 2013

• It wont ruin her lashes unless you are talking about Lash Extensions. Extensions and Falsies are different. Extensions you go to a salon, falsies you use glue and they come right off.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 7:37 PM on Oct. 22, 2013

• No it won't ruin her lashes. They don't touch her lashes.
    Sounds like Mom needs to be a little more into fashion so she knows what daughters are asking for!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 8:00 PM on Oct. 22, 2013

• I wouldn't have a problem with that at all. After all it's only for dressing up :)
    goldpandora

Answer by goldpandora at 2:21 AM on Oct. 23, 2013

• my dd friend wore them for trick or treating & it didn't hurt her at all
    girliemom0406

Answer by girliemom0406 at 3:48 PM on Nov. 1, 2013