Ugh

Not only does my son have issues now, so does my daughter. Please keep us in your thoughts. At her last appointment she had high blood pressure (after a few checks)and now I have to bring her in 3 separate times to recheck. Today is our first time going back in (going after naps). Hoping it is not high again. I really don't need the added stress of this right now.

AF4life

Asked by AF4life at 9:25 PM on Oct. 22, 2013 in Kids' Health

• AF, I am sorry! Hang in there and please update. Give sweet girl kisses!
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 9:50 PM on Oct. 22, 2013

• Did she have to go potty when they checked her pressure that first time? I know I've read somewhere, and I've noticed it for myself a time or two, that a full bladder can raise your blood pressure. I don't think it's the actual fullness, but something like the need to go, it creates a stress response or something like that.

Hopefully it'll continue to be normal for her.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 7:47 AM on Oct. 23, 2013

• You'll be in my thoughts. Is there some reason she has high blood pressure?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 9:40 PM on Oct. 22, 2013

• They don't know, that is why we have recheck it 3 different times. It was the firs time she ever had her blood pressure checked. It could have been that she was running around right before the appointment, but we still have to check. I am sure if it is still high they will start lab work and further work up on her.
    AF4life

Comment by AF4life (original poster) at 9:46 PM on Oct. 22, 2013

• Oh man AF, I am so sorry you are dealing with all of this. I really hope it was nothing!
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 11:29 PM on Oct. 22, 2013

• Thankfully her blood pressure was normal today.
    AF4life

Comment by AF4life (original poster) at 2:36 AM on Oct. 23, 2013

• fingers crossed Will keep fingers crossed that it will continue to be normal.  *hugs*

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:53 AM on Oct. 23, 2013