I need some suggestions for my almost 4 year old....

My son, who will be 4 in May, has recently started giving us a hard time at bed. He doesn't want to sleep in his room...its scary, even though he has a nightlight. He would rather sleep in our room whether its on our floor or in our bed and its pitch dark in there. He fights with us. He screams at us. He tells us big boys can stay up all night. This has all started within the last 4 weeks which conincidentally is when we told him we are having another baby. (He already has a 2 year old little brother) We are at a loss. We stopped letting him nap. We stopped letting him have a snack incase of nightmares. I just don't know what else to do and would appreciate any help. Thanks !

ljliammama

Asked by ljliammama at 2:33 PM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I'm going through the same thing with my 4 year old--whom will be 5 next month. The only thing I can say is--He will only be this age this one time. --As much as I complain about him being in the bed with us-- I'm glad he is. You never know what tomorrow will bring. : ) All I do is encourage him to sleep in his own bed.
    BooHooMommy

Answer by BooHooMommy at 2:41 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• My son tried that for a while. we didn't give in and he eventually gave up. My best guess would be he's giving you a power battle.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:34 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• My son also did the same thing I did not give in I made him stay I would sit by his bed until he went to sleep this lasted for bout a month or two and he was over it. GL
    izzyandbuggsmom

Answer by izzyandbuggsmom at 6:39 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• honestly what i do with my kids is put them in there own bed and let them cry there selfs to sleep it will probley work for you too but give it a try you wont know until you give it a try we had the same problem with are 2year old. he still does it sometimes
    tracy210

Answer by tracy210 at 11:53 PM on Mar. 5, 2009